voluntary downgrade?

cooler

we sail in just over a week, and rates dropped the other day. I am booked in a Porthole but there are no portholes listed as available. Does this mean I am "sol" on getting a rate adjustment/obc for this drop since technically I booked a simple interior room and was given a Porthole???

The price difference would be enough for me to move from a porthole to an interior (if I could be sure of NOT getting an upper/lower, got to have 2 beds!) but does Carnival do such a thing? I booked with a TA and have not heard back from them in over a day of waiting for a call, getting frustrated because to me I am seeing "found $" slipping away.

Im a little confused, since you imply you were assigned the porthole and booked a IS gty? If you did not choose your cabin and book early saver rate, then you cant get price drops anyway. (you say you booked a simple interior as if you didnt choose the PT?)

If you did book ES and booked the port hole on purpose but its sold out, what rate is it you are trying to price match to? Go back into the gty pool with a IS?

Ask, Carnival has been throwing rules out the window lately and been allowing things a couple of months they would have firmaly said SOL like yours. I cant see any scenerio with what you said that you would be eligible for a price drop, but they might say yes.

Im also assuming you are past final payment.

All rates get price drops up until final payment. If you are before final payment and not ES you could just say cancel and rebook and get the rate of course.

Sorry for the confusing post, I did not re-re read before posting. And when I did I wondered myself if I knew what I was trying to say.

I booked ES and chose the porthole room, but from my understanding a PT is technically the same as a 4a (?, seems to have been the cat. I remember it being listed under.) But I may be grasping at straws with that line of thinking.

When you asked:

"what rate is it you are trying to price match to? Go back into the gty pool with a IS?"

Yes that is what I was referring to but could turn into a disaster if we end up with 1 bed and an upper. We really could care less about location though.

PT used to be 5A and then the same as the deck it was on and now its PT. Its it own category.

4A is a inside bottom deck fore and aft, and technically a upgrade. It is the same pricing as a PT but is not a PT.

does that make sense?

I used to book them when they were 5As. Carnival was too high in price and now has them under priced to me, a good bargain. But a PT is not a 4A, even if the price is the same.

You never were a IS then. Technically this is a downgrade, and downgrades are not allowed in the small print .. but lately people have been getting by with it. My PVP says you would not get a 1A with the gty, but I have not put it to the test. You could ask to give up your PT, but I would keep the port holes unless we are talking more then $20.

Archived