Beer Cooler deal?

iamkidc

Is it on the jewel?

Sounds great

I'd like to know that too, we're sailing on Jewel next week.

We already have a cooler which we purchased around 4 cruises ago. Since then we've only seen it once, they brought it out on the last day of our cruise on Mariner in September :rolleyes:

We're planning on taking it with us on Jewel anyway ;)

I'd like to know that too, we're sailing on Jewel next week.

We already have a cooler which we purchased around 4 cruises ago. Since then we've only seen it once, they brought it out on the last day of our cruise on Mariner in September :rolleyes:

We're planning on taking it with us on Jewel anyway ;)

The only thing that is certain is that you will never know.

RCI is consistently inconsistent in such matters.:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

On Oasis in December the deal was limited to Bud, Bud Light and Michelob Ultra.

We would have preferred Coors Light.

Since we wanted the bag as a souvenir and really don't like Bud or Bud Light we tried the Michelob Ultra and got the discount.

It was approx 34.00 for the first one and 25 (and change) for refills. It is eight 16oz beers so the value was good.

Was just on the Serenade 2 weeks ago and they no longer offered the cooler bags. Just the regular buckets. Apparently it wasnt profitable. Passengers from previous cruises would bring them on another cruise and get them refilled. The initial cost was a little more and subsequent refills were cheaper. This is coming from a bartender on board.

Sorry, but I have to ask............... Why does he have 3 of them? Aren't they refillable?

They are refillable. He got the first one, a bartender gave him the second bag, and while we were out and about without either of the other 2 bags, he bought a third. Two have been packed away with the pool stuff for the summer and the 3rd one is packed with the suitcases awaiting a return to the sea.

They are refillable. He got the first one, a bartender gave him the second bag, and while we were out and about without either of the other 2 bags, he bought a third. Two have been packed away with the pool stuff for the summer and the 3rd one is packed with the suitcases awaiting a return to the sea.

I wonder if they have them on Explorer. Now that you mentioned it, they would be perfect for the pool.............

Was just on the Serenade 2 weeks ago and they no longer offered the cooler bags. Just the regular buckets.

Boo hoo! I have been looking forward to getting one of these since I first heard about them! That's what you get for booking your cruise so far in advance - :rolleyes:.

Ms. Redhead - if you decide to part with one of yours, I'll be happy to make it worth your while! I don't care about the refill savings so much as I know these are better at keeping bevs cold than those buckets!

Ann

Archived