Booking a cruise through RCCL - phone or internet

What's the difference between booking a cruise through RCCL over the phone vs. the internet?

(last time I booked over the phone, but I remember when I would call back to make a change or ask questions it would say there was a differentiation)

It's pretty much the same ... just a question of whether you'd like to fill out all of the information online or tell it to someone over the phone. I find online a little easier as I can see exactly what cabin and price I'm booking. Sometimes I've chosen a cabin, put it on hold, then called in with the reservation number to finish up and pay. Really doesn't matter either way.

Use the phone. I just prefer talking to a live person.

Also, when I noticed 2 different price drops I could just call in and immediately got a reduction.

But one thing, the phone operator suggested port side so I could take advantage of seeing the land in port. The only time we were actually on the side of the port is when we did disembarkation/embarkation.

I search the RCCL website for the cruise, price and available cabins, and then do the booking by phone. I just prefer speaking to a live person, and I have found them to be very nice and helpful. Even though they are reading a script, it's nice to hear them say 'thanks for being a loyal customer, we appreciate your business'. :)

Suzanne

We always book thru RC on the phone. I like talking to a human. (They have always been very pleasant and helpful). Last fall we were all set to book a JS and had picked out a cabin using the internet. When I called, the agent suggested a center hump JS which had not even shown up on the internet. Of course, we took it!

Why not use a travel agent instead? You get extensive knowledge of RCI ships, ports, and tips not to mention personalized service. I can't tell you how many times I've called RCI and the person on the other end has never even cruised!

Another benefit of booking with a travel agent is that sometimes your booking will be put into an existing group, giving you an extra amenity (like onboard credit) that you might not have received otherwise for NO EXTRA COST to you!

Once I research our planned cruise, I select our cabin of choice , then call our TA so i have all the information ready to go to let them know which cruise, Cabin # and dining time. Many times I will see our TA personally so I am there when he calls in to speak with the cruise line Rep so I can answer any questions.

Booked over the phone this week and we were able to select a cabin that wasn't showing up online. the rep told me they only list a certain amount online.

the online booking was only showing cabins available on deck 12 or 14, bt there were plenty on deck 8 when we called!

the rep was very helpful, but I also think that we were very prepared too....we knew what we wanted!

I search the RCCL website for the cruise, price and available cabins, and then do the booking by phone. I just prefer speaking to a live person, and I have found them to be very nice and helpful. Even though they are reading a script, it's nice to hear them say 'thanks for being a loyal customer, we appreciate your business'. :)

Suzanne

I do the same, get all the info on the web site and then phone in.

I don't trust their web site and it is down on the weekends and not working properly due to maintenance.

Archived