Past Guest Cocktail Party

There are 2 chances for me making the top 3 with only 200 days...slim & none...lol. :p

Although on an early season Alaskan cruise, as an Elite newbie I was #7 so I qualified for the top 40 cocktail party. I was disappointed it wasn't a lunch because I knew that the chances of being in the top 40 again were about the same as winning the lottery! ;)

I get a glass of wine so hopefully they won't water that down also. :D

We were in the top 40 this summer on an Alaskan cruise as well. It was a luncheon. I figured that I'd better enjoy this one, because I also don't expect it to happen again.

I agree, dispite the watered down drinks and the boring speeches, I still felt kind of special and recognized for my patronage by the invitation to a party. I've only been to a couple; the 1st time there were plenty of drinks and hot snacks. The second only got one drink and there was no food. Now they are moving to an atrium. Certainly can see the trend here. But, if we are the frequent travellers, then we all need to say something to Princess in every way possible. Letters, e-mails, surveys, etc. Tell Princess how you feel and what you expect from them.:rolleyes: They need to listen to their best customers!

The cruise before last, we had a horrible party. The party was over crowded. We didn't even get offered one watered down drink! However, our last cruise, we were served by a favorite staff member of ours from a previous cruise, and she made sure we were well taken care of. I think how great the party is all depends on who is aboard a ship at any given time.

it seems to vary from cruise to cruise: We too have had both good and bad. One of them (our last Princess cruise) like yours, it was overcrowded. We did get a glass of wine, but that was it and no appitizers.

Nita

Again, it was only for Plats & Elites and you had to show your invitation at the door.

Only if you wanted to be included in the drawing. You can actually go to all three events if you like.

I get a glass of wine so hopefully they won't water that down also. :D

It's about the only decent option since the rest of the drinks are made an hour in advance & the ice has already melted to the point of being all water, but you already know that. We haven't attended one in the atrium yet so I don't know if they continue to give out wine.

We were in the top 40 this summer on an Alaskan cruise as well. It was a luncheon. I figured that I'd better enjoy this one, because I also don't expect it to happen again.

I'm jealous! :p

Letters, e-mails, surveys, etc. Tell Princess how you feel and what you expect from them.:rolleyes: They need to listen to their best customers!

That's why I emailed Customer Relations while it's still in the test mode...I gave them some constructive criticism about why they need to keep it in the lounge. :rolleyes:

It's about the only decent option since the rest of the drinks are made an hour in advance & the ice has already melted to the point of being all water, but you already know that. We haven't attended one in the atrium yet so I don't know if they continue to give out wine.

We sail on the Crown in about 6 weeks & will see where it's located. It's one thing to get dressed up on formal night to sit in the lounge but don't think it's a very formal setting in the Atrium with everyone standing in their uncomfortable shoes holding a drink. :eek:

On my second cruise as an Elite I was invited to the Most Travelled Passenger Cocktail Party. This was a Baltics cruise and most passengers were first timers. I too don't expect to be invited to another one for a really really long time either. Don't know if this cruise had a luncheon or if it is either or. :confused: I was just happy to be able to attend. Luckily my pic with Capt. Giorgio came out great. That is one picture I actually put in a frame when I got home. :D

Archived