Coach handbags and straw market

bdaddyiii

My DW and I are going to be saiilng to Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Caymen, and Great Stirrup Cay in October. We have been to Cozumel before and I know that they sale the Coach handbags their. My sister has asked for one and I know my DW will be looking to purchase another. As I do not believe we wil have time to shop in Cozumel with the excursion to the Hidden River does anyone know if the straw market on Great Stirrup Cay has any vendors that sales the Coach handbags or if they are sold in any of the other ports listed above.

Any information anyone has would be helpful.

Thanks and smooth sailing and good weather to all.:cool:

I was just at the Straw Market in July and there were 'Coach' bags there. My friend had seen something she really liked the year before but, alas, they were not to be had this time around. The selection didn't seem to be as good, or maybe the bags were all the LARGER sizes and were too big for my friend.

It was so darn hot when we were there I had to leave and sit on the big chair in front of Senor Frogs.

Yeah it seems always hot in Nassau at the stray market. I too go to the big chair and enjoy a yard while my DW shops at that straw market. But do you know if they have them at Great Stirrup Cays' straw market or in Grand Caymen or Ocho Rios Jamaica? Thanks

I was just at the Straw Market in July and there were 'Coach' bags there. My friend had seen something she really liked the year before but, alas, they were not to be had this time around. The selection didn't seem to be as good, or maybe the bags were all the LARGER sizes and were too big for my friend.

It was so darn hot when we were there I had to leave and sit on the big chair in front of Senor Frogs.

wasnt the OP asking about the one on GSC? you are talking about the NASSAU one i believe unless GSC now has SENOR FROGS:D

the OP didnt mention Nassau

any of the COACH bags i saw were so poorly made and i wouldnt waste my money on them--

in Nassau there were some that had purchased bags and were talking about them on the ship how the strap had already broken...lining ripped and stuff like that.

any of the COACH bags i saw were so poorly made and i wouldnt waste my money on them--

in Nassau there were some that had purchased bags and were talking about them on the ship how the strap had already broken...lining ripped and stuff like that.

That's what you get with a knock-off. Cheap ain't real... never was.

Thanks STARFISH*4 and azappraiser for the information. I have done a little more research and found that you are correct they are more than likely counterfiet. I did not realixze that and i do not want to support the groups that counterfiet items.

Please understand that being a man and not carrying a handbag, I was unaware of this and assumed that it was just cheaper like jewels and other items are in some ports that you don't pay tax on or they are duty free.

I will just take my sister and DW back to the outlet mall in Ft. Walton Beach, Fl to the Coach Store and let them pick one out there. That way I will know it is real and if any problems arrise they can take it back to the store. At least that is what my DW told me after she bought hers last christmas and paid the price she paid.

Man, do you realize you can get an inside cabin for the price of one those purses that is made by Coach.

Smooth Sailing and good weather to all:cool:

Thanks STARFISH*4 and azappraiser for the information. I have done a little more research and found that you are correct they are more than likely counterfiet. I did not realixze that and i do not want to support the groups that counterfiet items.

Please understand that being a man and not carrying a handbag, I was unaware of this and assumed that it was just cheaper like jewels and other items are in some ports that you don't pay tax on or they are duty free.

I will just take my sister and DW back to the outlet mall in Ft. Walton Beach, Fl to the Coach Store and let them pick one out there. That way I will know it is real and if any problems arrise they can take it back to the store. At least that is what my DW told me after she bought hers last christmas and paid the price she paid.

Man, do you realize you can get an inside cabin for the price of one those purses that is made by Coach.

Smooth Sailing and good weather to all:cool:

GOOD for you--i dont support that either...yep ALL FAKES!!!

i hope they find something really NICE...such a NICE hubby and brother!!!

not only COACH but alot of designer bags--everytime i see one i say oh i can CRUISE for that amount......lol.....

My DW and I are going to be saiilng to Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Caymen, and Great Stirrup Cay in October. We have been to Cozumel before and I know that they sale the Coach handbags their. My sister has asked for one and I know my DW will be looking to purchase another. As I do not believe we wil have time to shop in Cozumel with the excursion to the Hidden River does anyone know if the straw market on Great Stirrup Cay has any vendors that sales the Coach handbags or if they are sold in any of the other ports listed above.

Any information anyone has would be helpful.

Thanks and smooth sailing and good weather to all.:cool:

Any "Coach" bag you buy in the straw market is a knock off .... if you are looking for an authentic bag, go to a Coach store.

GOOD for you--i dont support that either...yep ALL FAKES!!!

i hope they find something really NICE...such a NICE hubby and brother!!!

not only COACH but alot of designer bags--everytime i see one i say oh i can CRUISE for that amount......lol.....

LOL Hurricane Irene just blew thru here .... and as we sat without power, hubby said "what's cheaper ... a generator or your new Coach bag?" Of course, the generator was cheaper LOL

Believe me, they are NOT even good knock offs. I worked in an upscale handbag department and I can spot them from a mile away. I just stand there and laugh when I see women ooohing and awwwing over the bags thinking they are getting the real deal. It's unbelievable!!

I wouldn't buy anything related to Coach unless it's at an actual Coach store

Also bear in mind when shopping at certain outlets (like Coach specifically) - the majority of the items at Coach Outlets are manufactured specifically for the outlets and not sold in their regular stores. Even though they tout that the items are based on the same 'standards' - keep in mind in most cases you can realistically expect most of their items to be made with the intent of being sold at an outlet. This is really not new news, but I figured I'd pass it along to anyone who's interested.

So yes, the items are "real", but there are still other factors to take into account, such as actual quality relative to price and place of sale. However, if you're dying to own a real Coach bag but are on a budget, then this is still better than buying some knockoff from a straw market or random street vendor.

Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to believe that anyone would think that a Coach bag, or any other designer item, being sold at a straw market is authentic in the first place.:confused:

My Hubby would be one of those folks that would have NO idea that it was a fake.

Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to believe that anyone would think that a Coach bag, or any other designer item, being sold at a straw market is authentic in the first place.:confused:

Same thing goes for a $100.00 Rolex... just watch the second hand. If it "ticks" it certainly isn't the real deal. A real Rolex sweeps... very smoothly!

Archived