Back to Back Confusion

njgrlloves2trvl

I'm new to cruising so don't stone me for my question :). I've seen threads where passengers are talking about back to back cruising. Is it safe to assume that they are finishing up one cruise and then taking that SAME cruise again? If so, why would anyone do that? If that is the case, do you do tours again in the same port cities? Or are they implying that they get off one ship and hop on board a new ship whether it be same line or not but with a different itinerary?

TIA for the clarification.

My B2B is on the same ship, Celebrity Millennium, just two different itineraries. It take two 5-night cruises and combines them into a 10-night Western Caribbean with four different ports of call, four full days at sea, and a turnaround day in Miami.

Lots of endless combinations too with every length of cruise combinable. Quite a few folks do B2B Caribbean hitting Eastern/Western and or Southern itineraries, Med cruises with a transatlantic, Panama Canal with Alaska, etc. Some folks do multiple cruises on the same ship making it a B2B2B or a B2B2B2B etc. Just have to be careful on some domestic cruises and repositioning cruises that they don't violate the Passenger Vessel Services Act.

We did a Century B2B that went to basically the same ports. Why would we do that?

First, we cruise for the cruise experience, the ship. Not the ports (living in S FL for 10 years basically removed any desire for beach).

Second, the feeling of being able to stay on board on debarkation day, priceless!

We did a Century B2B that went to basically the same ports. Why would we do that? First, we cruise for the cruise experience, the ship.

I'm sort of doing the same thing next year, booked on a 14-night B2B on the Grand Princess to ports I've already been to and really don't care to do any sightseeing. It gives me the chance to totally relax, unwind, and be pampered for two weeks! ;)

I have tended to book a B2B when doing a TA. One flight and two cruises with totally different ports. This year I am combining the CS Holy Land cruise with TA. Just more bang for the buck when you do it this way.

Archived