Windjammer question

Does the Windjammer serve the same types of food every day or does it differ from day to day?

Is there a fee for room service during certain hours? I thought I read that somewhere here on the boards.

What is the dress code for breakfast and lunch in the MDR? DH wants to eat breakfast there at least once during our time on the ship.

We are going on FOS.

Thanks!

Does the Windjammer serve the same types of food every day or does it differ from day to day?

Is there a fee for room service during certain hours? I thought I read that somewhere here on the boards.

What is the dress code for breakfast and lunch in the MDR? DH wants to eat breakfast there at least once during our time on the ship.

We are going on FOS.

Thanks!

Windjammer has certain items that stay the same and others that change daily. Room service is $3.95 per order between midnight and 5am.

For breakfast and lunch, Windjammer serves basically the same food. There are minor changes, like the types of pancakes...there will always be plain and then one day blueberry, the next day choc chip, etc. However, there is soooo much variety that it would be possible to have breakfast there every day and eat something different each time.

The dress code in the MDR for breakfast and lunch is just no swimsuits, tank tops, cover-ups, etc. You can wear shorts and a top, sandals/flip-flops, etc.

WJ breakfasts tend to be about the same. Lunch varies a bit with entrees though there will be similar pizza/burger/sandwich/salad choices each day. Dinner menus vary a bit more with some items similar to what is in the MDR (though none of the "higher end" items). Dress code for the MDR for breakfast/lunch is very casual ... you can't wear bathing attire and generally hats. Besides that, shorts, t-shirts, etc are very common.

I know you didn't ask about the main dining room lunches but they rotate two menus with a few specials like soup, pasta and dessert. And it's only open on sea days (athough oddly enough it was open when we were in Labadee a year ago on the Liberty). As for dress, they may say no bathing suits but I've worn swim trunks that look like shorts with a t-shirt and always got seated. I thinkg women would have more difficulty with swimwear.

Thank you all for your answers. We are thinking of only going to one formal night and eating in the WJ the other formal night. (at least that is our thought right now.)

DS is a very early riser so I am thinking of doing a small breakfast order through room service for him before we actually go eat breakfast.

Only 10 days to go!!

Archived