7 days Southern Caribbean Explorer Itinerary on The Caribbean Princess

StillPooh

This is the itinerary that I think would be fabulous! However, airfare from Illinois to San Juan is much higher than to Fort Lauderdale......and takes a whole day.....by the time you get to the airport 2 hours early (Chicago airports are 2 hours driving time from our house, also)......

We are very lucky to live just 10 miles from BWI. From there, Air Tran has very affordable non-stops (takes just over 4 hours) to San Juan! :cool:

I also hate flying to San Juan. We had to change planes in Charlotte or Atlanta the times we've taken cruises that have left from there. In addition to being more expensive, it's also more of a hassle.

The good news is that Princess is now sailing 7-day roundtrip cruises from Fort Lauderdale to Aruba and Curacao. We're booked on the Crown for that itinerary in December. The Grand is doing a similar itinerary to those islands.

I also hate flying to San Juan. We had to change planes in Charlotte or Atlanta the times we've taken cruises that have left from there. In addition to being more expensive, it's also more of a hassle.

The good news is that Princess is now sailing 7-day roundtrip cruises from Fort Lauderdale to Aruba and Curacao. We're booked on the Crown for that itinerary in December. The Grand is doing a similar itinerary to those islands.

Yes, I saw that.....and of course since it is a new itinerary, it is more expensive.....and we were just on the Crown, so the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan with that southern itinerary sounds so good......just don't know about that flight to San Juan.....they have other ones out of Ft. Lauderdale going to some of those ports down south, but they are 10 day cruises......such a dilimma! LOL!

We have done both the 7 day out of San Juan and the 10 day out of Ft Lauterdale. I loved both cruises and leaving from San Juan was not a problem but the San Juan cruises are VERY port intensive with almost no sea time to relax. For that reason I think the 10 day is better unless you can spend a few days in San Juan to relax either pre or post cruise.

We have done both the 7 day out of San Juan and the 10 day out of Ft Lauterdale. I loved both cruises and leaving from San Juan was not a problem but the San Juan cruises are VERY port intensive with almost no sea time to relax. For that reason I think the 10 day is better unless you can spend a few days in San Juan to relax either pre or post cruise.

very interesting.....thanks for that info!

Archived