Dropping People Off In Southampton

C at Sea

I know most of us on here are actually going on the ship - but has anyone driven to the docks to drop passengers off?

If so, what is the procedure?

How far are you allowed to go with them and how far away is the carpark?

How much is carpark?

Do the porters come and collect your cases off you?

Is there anywhere to get a coffee before setting back off home again after dropping off or would you have to drive out of the docks area?

Thanks for any help!

We always drop off 2 or 3 of our party and all the bags then go and return to the hotel for the other 3 or 4 pax before we park the car.(generally half of the party flies down whilst the other half drive with the luggage)

You can get right up to the check in building, however if you wanted to get out and wait with them until they check in I don't think you would be allowed to leave the car. Its a bit like an airport drop off. The porters do come and get the bags, there isn't anywhere that I have seen to get a coffee, but I haven't been looking, sorry.

You can drive right up to the terminals to drop people and luggage off. Also at all of the terminals, there is a short stay car park - free at Mayflower and City, chargeable at Ocean - all less than 5 mins walk away. Ocean Terminal has a small cafe and viewing area to see people off.

Archived