Price Lowered Should I Get A Credit

jtwanabe

If I'm breaking a rule please forgive I'm doing it out of ignorance.

I notice that the price for the inside cabin on Carnival has gone down like $40.00. The Ocean view is now the same price I paid for the inside.

I inquired about upgrading or getting the lower price and I got this back:

"After final payment date the cruise is in cancellation penalty period. Carnival will not adjust prices once penalty period starts."

Well that bites. Has this been the experience of others. I mean what was the point of booking 90 days early if the good deal show up afterwards.

Please advise .........I mean for the same price I could have an ocean view.

:(

I notice that the price for the inside cabin on Carnival has gone down like $40.00. The Ocean view is now the same price I paid for the inside.

"After final payment date the cruise is in cancellation penalty period. Carnival will not adjust prices once penalty period starts."

Well that bites. Has this been the experience of others. I mean what was the point of booking 90 days early if the good deal show up afterwards.

You cannot get a price adjustment after final payment date but you should be able to upgrade

Didn't they say anything about upgrading?

I booked PG and my cruise is next week.

I called Monday and upgraded my cabin when the prices dropped.

You should be able to as well.

Bill

How many days is your cruise? If it's longer than 5 days then you aren't booked ES, as cruises longer than 5 days stop selling ES rates 5 months prior. Make your TA work.

My cruise is 5 nights. I'm new to this whole thing. If you were in my shoes exactly what would be a reasonable request. What exactly would you be asking.

Okay, so you did say you booked more than 90 days out. Do you recall if you booked before the beginning of June? That's when the Early Saver would have been discontinued.

I know Carnival won't make any changes for you since you booked with a TA, but first thing I'd do is call and see if they will tell you if you are Early Saver or not. If so, get on the phone with your TA to submit the form for the discount.

OR, upgrade to the Oceanview.

You need to know for sure FIRST if you're early saver...

Basically, the point of booking early is to get the cabin choice you wanted, get a cabin before the ship is full, to make your travel arrangements so that you can plan ahead, and to get the deal you wanted. I wouldn't regret not getting a price adjustment. If you thought it was a good price when you booked then continue to realize it was a good price. The prices fluctuate all of the time. Your TA should definitely be researching your options for you. Look at your cruise details as it will tell you what plan you were booked under....past guest, resident rates, ES, etc. The special pricing must reflect in your same category. Best of luck.

For out elation cruise next week, all our price did was drop. We booked about 6 weeks out and paid in full at time of booking. It dropped $40 the next day, so we submitted the form for their 110% price guarantee. And got a $44 obc or we are supposed to have one. (anyone know how to check online prior to booking to see if it is there?)

A week later the price dropped a $100 and I called the travel agent and she was pretty much too bad, so sad. We contacted carnival directly and they got the travel agent on the phone with us and upgraded us from inside to ocean view. Which is better than nothing.

I just checked the price again and the price is up about $130 from what we originally booked at and about $260 from the lowest I have seen it.

I think I am just used to booking ES and hoping for price drops for OBC. Our dream cruise is booked ES and I have upgraded twice and have a $20 obc which will buy about 2 drinks. :o

When you book under the Early Saver rate, there is a form that needs to completed and sumbitted to Carnival to request a credit or upgrade when the price drops. If you booked through a travel agent, then the agent is the one responsible for completing and submitting that form. You need contact your agent and have them do this for you. Be very specific. If you actually booked under Early Saver, then there should be no problem. Good luck!

Price went down for my inside, and I got an OV upgrade. Prices are continuing to drop. Am I entitled to anything further since I have already gotten an upgrade? Don't want to be a glutton, but sure want anything I should get! Thanks.

Price went down for my inside, and I got an OV upgrade. Prices are continuing to drop. Am I entitled to anything further since I have already gotten an upgrade? Don't want to be a glutton, but sure want anything I should get! Thanks.

If you are booked ES, you can get as many price drop OBC/upgrades as you are eligible for up to 2 days prior to sail date.

If you aren't ES and after final payment, you can still try to get upgrades but to OBC.

Sure, even if not ES, you can ask for any upgrade that you want, just call, if price is down, you can upgrade for free, or pay any difference.

Thats probably what is holding up my price drop submittal. Its technically a upgrade and Im ES, so had to submit the form and asking for both OBC and upgrade, and someone else reported they told them one or the other!!! lmao.

nothing like that in the rules, but I have to fly out today. wish they would answer.

You booked "Early Saver" fare which was lowest fare available, with non-refundable deposit restrictions. "Guarantee" is not available with this fare.

I got the above from my TA. Since I paid the solo fee the difference is double or $100. The Balcony 200.00 more with solo fee. so for a $100.00 more I could get a balcony if I can get my TA to go to bat for me.

So What I want to ask is

1) At a minimum I would like a OBC of the difference.

2) I would like to put the difference toward upgrading to a balcony and pay the difference.

Your advice is great. I'm listening. Does VTG play ball in situations like this? :rolleyes:

You booked "Early Saver" fare which was lowest fare available, with non-refundable deposit restrictions. "Guarantee" is not available with this fare.

I got the above from my TA. Since I paid the solo fee the difference is double or $100. The Balcony 200.00 more with solo fee. so for a $100.00 more I could get a balcony if I can get my TA to go to bat for me.

So What I want to ask is

1) At a minimum I would like a OBC of the difference.

2) I would like to put the difference toward upgrading to a balcony and pay the difference.

Your advice is great. I'm listening. Does XXX play ball in situations like this? :rolleyes:

Read the CC guidelines, we cannot discuss your particular TA (or any other, here on CC).

Iv been working on doing exactly what you want to do, upgrade to a gty.

Im in a 1A, so the pack n go is technically a upgrade. I sent in the form last wednesday .. so far no answer. I tried calling since Im flying out today for a RCL cruise.. and got someone on the phone telling me pack is go is only for new bookings. I have seen post after post here on CC of folks who even got to downgrade to a gty .. so I know it happens, but they say those people could be confused or lying.

Been thru this before.. but if they deny it .. believe me Im going to cost Carnival a lot more in time wasted than the $64 OBC. Ill fight it until I get it. Last time I went to VP level to win a battle matching a gty. my PVP told me yesterday to be prepared to fight. I am.

I've been trying to be very discrete and respectful of my TA.

haven't mentioned their name etc. I'm not even down on the person. In your opinion have I broken the rules. Just curious.

Read the post I quoted, post #19, last line. Note I XXX'd out where you mentioned the TA, which is against the rules here, if someone reports you with the little red triangle. TAs cannot be named as its considered advertising. If you want to discuss the rules, Host Mach has his email in his signature. I dont care.

Im about to walk out the doors, just trying to keep you from getting into trouble and suggesting to read the rules here on CC. None of my business, just was trying to help and hoped you could edit out the violation.

Im gone as soon as I pack up the car. Oasis tomorrow :) It was just a suggestion .. do what you want.

haven't mentioned their name etc. I'm not even down on the person. In your opinion have I broken the rules. Just curious.

What firefly is saying is that you can't mention the company name when she says TA (travel agency), she doesn't mean the TA's (travel agent) personal name~ hope that helps. :D

I think some people might get confusted by the TA part as it can stand for travel agent or travel agency

if you are in fact booked ES then call your TA and tell them to send in the form to get you the $50 rate drop.

If you'd rather have the oceanview cabin instead of the upgrade tell your TA to have you upgraded.

If it's the same price as what you paid for the inside cabin it won't cost you anything from the cruiseline.

Your TA may charge a fee to make changes.

The TA should be more willing to get you the upgrade since they won't lose any commission that way but ultimately they are working for you so tell them specifically what you want.

Bill

Firefly wasn't giving her opinion, she was just politely pointing out that there are CC guidelines which state that you cannot mention your travel agent OR the agency that you booked through. It doesn't matter whether you're saying anything negative about them or not, you cannot name them.

if you are in fact booked ES then call your TA and tell them to send in the form to get you the $50 rate drop.

If you'd rather have the oceanview cabin instead of the upgrade tell your TA to have you upgraded.

If it's the same price as what you paid for the inside cabin it won't cost you anything from the cruiseline.

Your TA may charge a fee to make changes.

The TA should be more willing to get you the upgrade since they won't lose any commission that way but ultimately they are working for you so tell them specifically what you want.

Bill

The problem seems to be that the upgrade would be for an OV guarantee, which the TA doesn't want/isn't able to do. I know you can't price match to a guarantee with ES, maybe that's part of it? But I don't see why they couldn't get the OBC instead, then just pay the difference to go up to the balcony that they want. Unless it's a balcony gty?

Firefly wasn't giving her opinion, she was just politely pointing out that there are CC guidelines which state that you cannot mention your travel agent OR the agency that you booked through. It doesn't matter whether you're saying anything negative about them or not, you cannot name them.

The problem seems to be that the upgrade would be for an OV guarantee, which the TA doesn't want/isn't able to do. I know you can't price match to a guarantee with ES, maybe that's part of it? But I don't see why they couldn't get the OBC instead, then just pay the difference to go up to the balcony that they want. Unless it's a balcony gty?

I missed the part about the OV gty. oops!

Bill

Archived