GTEE Stateroom Assignment

Welland

Guaranteed rooms. When are they usually assigned? How close to sailing date? Thanks for any input to this thread.

That is one thing you cant predict..it really depends on how many GTY's are in front of you..it could be tomorrow or the day of the sailing..

Jancruz1

That is one thing you cant predict..it really depends on how many GTY's are in front of you..it could be tomorrow or the day of the sailing..

Jancruz1

I know you take a chance when you book a GTY but I hope I know before I arrive at the pier. Someone is going to post that I should not have booked a GTY then and gone to a firm booking. There were no balconies available that weren't a GTY and a suite was out of my ballpark.

Thanks for your reply Jancruz1.

Perhaps the booking fairy will be good to me and let me know in advance.

I'm sure whatever stateroom I get I'll be happy. How can you not enjoy a cruise?

Just keep checking the "already booked " section on O's website or your TA should notify you when you get an assigned cabin

You do not say how far out your cruise is :confused:

Whatever cabin you get it will be great ;)

Enjoy

Lyn

Just keep checking the "already booked " section on O's website or your TA should notify you when you get an assigned cabin

You do not say how far out your cruise is :confused:

Whatever cabin you get it will be great ;)

Enjoy

Lyn

Yes have been checking and I'm sure our TA will be in touch with us.

We cruise mid-November so still a long way away.

Believe we will be happy with whatever stateroom we are assigned.

Our first Oceania so I'm sure that there will be no upgrade.

Thanks everyone for responding.

Our first Oceania so I'm sure that there will be no upgrade.

Thanks everyone for responding.

The upgrade Fairy works in mysterious ways or maybe the upsell god will appear

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

The upgrade Fairy works in mysterious ways or maybe the upsell god will appear

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Either way if this happens will let you all know.

These things usually don't happen to us. We are just happy that we are able to give Oceania a try.

Really looking forward to November.

Again, thanks to all.

Either way if this happens will let you all know.

These things usually don't happen to us. We are just happy that we are able to give Oceania a try.

Really looking forward to November.

Again, thanks to all.

Just in case, here is a quick primer on the upsell policy.

Occasionally, Oceania might find it prudent to offer a Guarantee Customer the opportunity to buy a better cabin for a few dollars extra.

Depending on the level at which you bought into the Guarantee, this CAN result in some very significant savings for a VERY luxurious cabin.

Unfortunately, because of the small size of the ship, the offers come and go VERY Quickly. If they call with an offer you have to snap it up, or you will have lost the opportunity.

If you booked through an Agent, Oceania calls the Agent and not you.

I'd suggest that if you are booked through an Agent, that you let him or her know what your perimeters are, so that they can catch a deal if it should swim by. ;)

Just in case, here is a quick primer on the upsell policy.

Occasionally, Oceania might find it prudent to offer a Guarantee Customer the opportunity to buy a better cabin for a few dollars extra.

Depending on the level at which you bought into the Guarantee, this CAN result in some very significant savings for a VERY luxurious cabin.

Unfortunately, because of the small size of the ship, the offers come and go VERY Quickly. If they call with an offer you have to snap it up, or you will have lost the opportunity.

If you booked through an Agent, Oceania calls the Agent and not yo

I'd suggest that if you are booked through an Agent, that you let him or her know what your perimeters are, so that they can catch a deal if it should swim by. ;)

Thanks for the heads up. Will inform the agent. Guess time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked our first-ever cruise only three months ahead of time on Nautica, and received a guaranty E cabin, wait listed for any better. Our luggage tags came with our names imprinted but no cabin number.

We received our cabin assignment about ten days or two weeks in advance, but we won the lottery and got the obstructed E cabin with the small zodiac below the large picture window view, so no obstruction at all except for the central davit.

We enjoyed this first cruise so much that we have returned for three more and booked another for late next August.

We sail on the 19th (Marina) and it now looks as if our 'C' Gty will not be allocated until check-in - which is mildly un-nerving (especially having read in the booking conditions that O reserves the right to overbook and cancel your reservation!). I can't tell you how many times I have logged on to check if there is any update!

Does anyone know how your luggage is handled when you part company with it prior to check-in with labelling that has no room number on it..?

thanks

We sail on the 19th (Marina) and it now looks as if our 'C' Gty will not be allocated until check-in - which is mildly un-nerving (especially having read in the booking conditions that O reserves the right to overbook and cancel your reservation!). I can't tell you how many times I have logged on to check if there is any update!

Does anyone know how your luggage is handled when you part company with it prior to check-in with labelling that has no room number on it..?

thanks

LOL, it won't get to that point! :p The supervisor of the porters will have a manifest with all of the cabin assignments at dockside.

If your cabin assignment has still not been made by the time when your final documents are printed (six or eight weeks out), you will receive luggage tags that have no cabin # on them.

Blank tags are also available at the pier, be sure to have a pen with you!.

LOL, it won't get to that point! :p The supervisor of the porters will have a manifest with all of the cabin assignments at dockside.

If your cabin assignment has still not been made by the time when your final documents are printed (six or eight weeks out), you will receive luggage tags that have no cabin # on them.

Blank tags are also available at the pier, be sure to have a pen with you!.

thanks - but would you believe it - I have just logged on again and lo and behold a most acceptable allocation has been made! And I have marked up the 'blank' luggage tags already. You know, I am left believing now that O keep a very close eye on this board...! Well done O (again) and thank-you.

Archived