Couldn't wait around for the upgrade fairy with these prices!

NCMtnBoys

Sailing on the Voyager Oct 8th outta Venice, originally booked into an E2 balcony cabin for $849pp. Booked about a year ago and ever since, the JS category has been $1299pp. We're Diamond members and had hoped that closer to sailing we might be one of the lucky ones to get upgraded (possibly to a JS) because I thought paying $450pp was a little steep just to upgrade to the JS. Last Friday night I got onto their website and saw a suite guarantee for $999pp, so had our TA change us to the suite guarantee and we paid the difference of $150pp. Much better than $450pp! At that same time, to upgrade to a GS would have been $1,850pp and to upgrade to an OS would have been $1,950pp. The next day we were assigned a JS, and I thought as Diamond members that might increase our chances to maybe be upgraded by C&A even further, as there were still like 16 GS and 6 or 7 OS available.

Last night I was back on their website and noticed the prices had plummeted. The GS was now listed for $999pp (same as we paid for the JS guarantee) and the OS was listed for $1199pp! So I immediately called my TA and had her change us to the OS for an additional $200pp. :D The JS is now listed at $799pp (even less than the suite guarantee).

In short, we ended up going from an E2 balcony to an OS for $350pp. I couldn't wait around and hope the upgrade fairy would visit at these prices, cuz with my luck, she wouldn't have paid us a visit at all. I felt I would have been a fool not to take advantage of such a rare opportunity. From what I've seen through the years, the $1199pp price for an OS is insane!

Who else has said "can't wait around for you, upgrade fairy!"

With prices like that for full suites........how are the other cabins doing? Is the ship sailing out half empty?

It's not very often that you see Royal Caribbean drop prices like you have indicated here!

Have a wonderful cruise, and enjoy the extra space and ammenities that you have gained in the OS. It's our favorite cabin, as we enjoy dining in, and just lounging and reading, when we have a chance to cruise.;)

Rick

With prices like that for full suites........how are the other cabins doing? Is the ship sailing out half empty?

It's not very often that you see Royal Caribbean drop prices like you have indicated here!

Have a wonderful cruise, and enjoy the extra space and ammenities that you have gained in the OS. It's our favorite cabin, as we enjoy dining in, and just lounging and reading, when we have a chance to cruise.;)

Rick

From what I can tell, it appears there are about 15 PR cabins left, 45 D2, 50 D1, but few insides (only Cat K) and oceanviews. Still 15 JS, one FS, 14 GS and 5 OS. Still even some AFT cabins left too!

Rick

It is funny to compare Mariner to Voyager...looks like Voyager does not rate the prices that Mariner is getting.

Just looked in CP and still no new suites opened up for the 11.11.11 sailing. Did find the two upgrades I need for another client with several cabins for a small family reunion. The sailing she is taking is one I would consider if my big insurance client renewal is done. Still several nice cabins open for the sailing.

Wow well done, very exciting!

My parents, retired and free to do such things, booked yesterday and sailed out of Venice today. They got a js for £650 each and $250 obc, so not quite such a good deal as you.

It's a fab literary which I'm looking forward to doing one time soon.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.386785,1.437017

Hey Jon & Mark! Good to see you guys on here. Sounds like you guys got a fantastic deal! We are jealous you are going to Italy! That's on our list of want to see places. Hope you guys have a fantastic trip. We head out in the morning for Puerto Rico... not the same as Venice, lol... but a cruise is a cruise! We're looking at doing the British Isles/Normandy cruise maybe in 2013. Have to see what's out there when the new cruises come out. Congrats again on getting the OS - what better way to see Italy??

It makes me wonder why RCI pulled most of its ships from the Caribbean in prime spring/summertime/fall and sent them to Europe when they have to offer such unprecedented deep discounts on European cruises.

I know, it's crazy. And it isn't just our sailing, but the sailings immediately before and after ours have the same prices. Probably the ones leading up to ours too, although I didn't check them.

Hey Jon & Mark! Good to see you guys on here. Sounds like you guys got a fantastic deal! We are jealous you are going to Italy! That's on our list of want to see places. Hope you guys have a fantastic trip. We head out in the morning for Puerto Rico... not the same as Venice, lol... but a cruise is a cruise! We're looking at doing the British Isles/Normandy cruise maybe in 2013. Have to see what's out there when the new cruises come out. Congrats again on getting the OS - what better way to see Italy??

Hiya Suzy! Hope you enjoy your cruise, we went out of San Juan last October on Serenade, it was great!

On a side note, did you realize it was a year ago yesterday/today that we boarded our Baltic cruise? That was one of the most impressive trips I have ever taken, and I fully intend to do another, maybe even the same itinerary again, although I would like to see Gdansk, Brussels/Brugge, Amsterdam. But I just loved the itinerary we were on. Glad to see you're like me and already thinking ahead to 2013, lol. ;) Not sure what we're doing then, I thought about a land package to Prague, Budapest and Vienna. Sometimes you can get great deals. Hate not to do a cruise, though, that's why we coupled this cruise with a week pre-cruise in Italy (Rome, Florence, Verona, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Lake Garda). I just couldn't NOT do a cruise!

Best to James, you two have a great time!

we too are sailing on 8th october from malaga on Adventure, i boked our cruise in march a GS, when checking today i couldnt believe the price drop. phone the TA who in turn phoned me back and i was refunded £775, absolutly delighted. but what about the people who dont check, i bet if i didnt get in touch with the TA i wouldnt have got an automatic refund

we too are sailing on 8th october from malaga on Adventure, i boked our cruise in march a GS, when checking today i couldnt believe the price drop. phone the TA who in turn phoned me back and i was refunded £775, absolutly delighted. but what about the people who dont check, i bet if i didnt get in touch with the TA i wouldnt have got an automatic refund

No, and I would not have known either. I check pricing daily just to see what's going on with it. Congrats on your savings as well!

October is getting pretty late into Autumn and much cooler weather and holidays in Europe are over. Sounds like a good time to travel. :p

Do you get these new prices from the RCL website? Our Aussie TA will not pass on any reductions but as our reservation appears on the RCL website also I might have more luck going direct.

I know, it's crazy. And it isn't just our sailing, but the sailings immediately before and after ours have the same prices. Probably the ones leading up to ours too, although I didn't check them.

Maybe they have those prices if you look from the US, but not if you look from the UK!

I'm booked for the week before you, and the prices currently showing for me are:

SG - £699

JS - £1004

GS - £1434

OS - £1984

Bit of a difference!:eek:

October is getting pretty late into Autumn and much cooler weather and holidays in Europe are over. Sounds like a good time to travel. :p

Do you get these new prices from the RCL website? Our Aussie TA will not pass on any reductions but as our reservation appears on the RCL website also I might have more luck going direct.

Yes, I check the RCCL website daily to keep an eye on pricing. Not sure about the Aussie terms and conditions, but here in the U.S., if you're booked with a travel agent you can only go through that agent to make changes to your reservation. RCCL will not do anything for you with your booking if you're booked through an agent. So yea, for me it's sometimes frustrating not to have direct access to my own booking to call RCCL to make changes. For other reasons, I won't be using an agent in the future, though, so I will be able to make my own changes.

Maybe they have those prices if you look from the US, but not if you look from the UK!

I'm booked for the week before you, and the prices currently showing for me are:

SG - £699

JS - £1004

GS - £1434

OS - £1984

I know, it can be frustrating between the two different entities, with different terms and conditions, different policies, etc. I know there are differences with deposits, refunds, price adjustments, etc. A couple from our upcoming cruise is also from the UK and long ago when the roll call thread was started they talked of how they had gotten a great deal on the cruise, with free airfare. Not often (if ever) that that type of option is offered in the US on RCCL (that I know of). Others on another thread have been talking about how their price went down substantially with only 1 month until sailing and they are able to get a price adjustment in the form of cash. Can't do that with RCCL U.S. I guess there are pluses and minuses with how they operate the companies differently, although I wish they would operate them the same!

Not surprising with the overcapacity in Europe. Prices for interior cabins on some sailings on Voyager this past June and July were only $400 per person! :eek: (I check prices on RCCL's website all the time.)

Yea, insides on this one are also $399pp. Good deals still to be had!

Wow, a JS on my Feb 25th cruise is $1699 (Serenade), I keep watching it to see if it might go down so we could upgrade. 2 days ago there were 14 JS's available, now there are 4 ! :( I'm guessing there probably won't be a drop if people are booking at that rate.

SG - £699

JS - £1004

GS - £1434

OS - £1984

a GS on that cruise is now £1257

Archived