Star - Owners Suite w/2 balconies

rajones007

This is something we're just thinking about, that's all. I bounced this question off my girlfriend last night and its got us curious.

We currently have the 2 bedroom family suite w/balcony booked for a November cruise on the Star. There are 4 of us: myself (45), my GF (45), and her two kids, a 15 year old girl, and a 13 year old boy.

IF we were to upgrade to the Owners Suite w/2 balconies, what would the sleeping arrangements be for our two teenagers?

I've looked at many many photos of the cabin, and as far as I can tell it must simply be a pull-out couch. Or are there Murphy Beds I can't see? Some photos/diagrams show a couch in the bedroom. If that's a pull-out couch that's out...that's OUR bedroom. And I'm sure neither of the teens would be happy about that too.

I can assure you the two teens will NOT share a bed. So what is the best sleeping arrangement for our family requirements if we upgraded?

The OS have just recently been made available for 4 so there isn't much info out there. If you look down a bit within the last day there is a thread about change to suite furniture. That has about the most information I've seen which still doesn't really answer the question. The main bed is a king and the sleeper sofa is in the living room.

We have an Owner's Suite booked on the Pride of America in December (also rated for 4 people). We are planning on using the sofa bed for one of our kids and a rollaway bed for the other. Reviews that I have seen say that the rollaways are actually really comfortable, so here's hoping!:)

The Deck 10 Owners Suites have a totally separate bedroom that closes off from the living room with glass pocket doors and very heavy drapes. However, the only shower and closet are directly off the bedroom. There is a second toilet/sink 'guest bath' in the entryway so during sleeping hours, those sleeping in the living room could use it without disturbing the bedroom sleepers. Each area has its own TV as does the 'master bath.' I would not try to put 4 in the Deck 9 Owners Suites. The ones on Deck 10 are larger. There was one NOT sleepable couchy thing last December. By now it has probably been replaced so you would only need to add one rollaway, but I'd double check as best you can with NCL or current cruisers to see if they will do the rollaway once they swap out the couch designed to sleep 2. It's a GREAT suite.

Thanks for the replies and opinions. I'm beginning to think the 2 bedroom family suite really is the better option in our case.

Sleeping arrangements aside, we're also beginning to think the 1.5 baths might be an issue. It may end up being a big bottleneck in the morning. My GF and I could share it without a problem, but throw in two teenagers who each insist upon total privacy...well, I think you get the picture.

Still thinking about it though. I never thought about a rollaway bed. That'll work...for sure.

Archived