uh oh.... i may have booboo'd....

momofdss

Well, obviously he had an opportunity to object before you booked. Besides, what kinda guy are you married to? Where are his priorities?

He'd rather go chase some poor defenseless deer through the woods in the snow then spend a week in the caribbean with his wife?

As a person of the male persuasion I say leave him home and be sure to email him photos of other guys on the beach. Sign them all

WYWH!

:D

Just curious....did you not talk to him about the cruise, include the dates and ports, BEFORE you booked the cruise?? If you did and he said he was cool with it and now AFTER you booked it he has a problem -- well if that's the case I'd be ticked. But if you booked it without telling him well then I can see why he'd be upset.

My DH LOVES, and I mean LOVES football. When we booked our cruise last October I had to pull the college football schedule up (UT Longhorns) and we had to plan our cruise around the schedule. We sat down together and reviewed all of this. We had to come to an agreement BEFORE we booked. Our cruise was for our wedding anniversary. And yes, when picking a wedding date we had to do the same thing as when we picked a cruise date....pretty pathetic that I had to compete with a football team for my wedding date but whatever, I love him.

J

Last year we were on the Conquest and they showed the Texes-OU game on the Lido deck big screen.

Personally, if my DH doesn't want to go and I have others to travel with, I would simply go without him. I've learned that I enjoy myself more that way than if I make him come along and he ends up pouting because he wanted to be doing something else. Plus getting away from each other for a little while makes us appreciate each other more.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Yeah that!

Well, obviously he had an opportunity to object before you booked. Besides, what kinda guy are you married to? Where are his priorities?

He'd rather go chase some poor defenseless deer through the woods in the snow then spend a week in the caribbean with his wife?

As a person of the male persuasion I say leave him home and be sure to email him photos of other guys on the beach. Sign them all

WYWH!

:D

:D thanks Calico Jack --

First off I'm not sure how you can not like Cozumel. :confused: Love that place!!

Second I would make him give a solid yes or no now and then if he tries to cancel later then I'd go without him. I'm very serious about my cruises and you just don't mess with them!!! :p Plus even if you change the dates now you are still going to lose $250!! That's alot of money to me!! I'd just tell him to suck it up and put his big girl panties on and deal with it!! He can deal with missing one week of killing poor defensless animals!!!

Find a large photo of his face and put it on the wall with the other heads.

Bring him in the room, point at it and suggest that the real thing will be there if he doesn't comply with your request. :D

OMG! I just spit out my Pepsi all over the keyboard!:eek: I can stop LMAF!:D

I did talk to him about it.... told him it was january..... asked him if he preferred a balcony or an inside.... he asked me the price difference and told me to get the balcony that it was worth it....

But now he realizes it's JANUARY -- he doesn't pay attention so much since his stress has his mind preoccupied. And he's not so much upset .... he just keeps telling me that we may have to cancel. I'm on here reading and getting info about the ship, cabins, deck plans, restaurants, port excursions, NINE ships docked at cozumel, etc, getting super excited and he continues to tell me - don't get so excited cause we may have to cancel. I ask, why would we have to cancel? he says, what if it snows or something? the deer could be in rut.... you never know - anything could happen....

So, I'm not really "ticked" per-say.... but aggravated.

and yes.... I am a Hunter's Widow..... :(

I would give him the option: lose $50 per person and use the rest on a later cruise, or YOU GO WITHOUT HIM.:cool:

Just curious....did you not talk to him about the cruise, include the dates and ports, BEFORE you booked the cruise?? If you did and he said he was cool with it and now AFTER you booked it he has a problem -- well if that's the case I'd be ticked. But if you booked it without telling him well then I can see why he'd be upset.

My DH LOVES, and I mean LOVES football. When we booked our cruise last October I had to pull the college football schedule up (UT Longhorns) and we had to plan our cruise around the schedule. We sat down together and reviewed all of this. We had to come to an agreement BEFORE we booked. Our cruise was for our wedding anniversary. And yes, when picking a wedding date we had to do the same thing as when we picked a cruise date....pretty pathetic that I had to compete with a football team for my wedding date but whatever, I love him.

J

Ha...sounds familiar...though college football season may be a good time to get my DH to cruise as he could watch games on the ship while I'm doing all the things he hates to do (lounging in the sun or playing bingo). We got married the day the Ravens played their very first game ever...a TV was rolled into the back of my reception and that was where all the guys could be found during my wedding...including the groom (even though he's more a college football guy...Go Bucks!).:rolleyes:

So, OP...I understand your plight...I'm cruising in April with my mom (because he's not that into cruising...he hates sea days).

I finally had a chance to read all the posts and I reread the OP's. Here's my take on this. I really don't think he would cancel. Why would he want to loose money?:confused:

If I were you, I would make cook his favorite dinner, pour a nice glass of wine, and make his favorite dessert.;) After dinner, when he is all stuffed and happy. I would try to have a nice conversation with him. You say you booked the cruise because he is stressed out at work. Tell him he's stressing you out by saying he won't go if it snows and the deer are in rut (I'm afraid to ask what that means:eek:). lol If this doesn't work...look him straight in the eye and tell him in words he will understand, that you will be very, very, disappointed in him if he were to cancel after he already said yes. If he wasn't paying attention when you said you were booking for Jan. that's his tough luck! Tell him enough already. If that doesn't work...what works for me is...give him the silent treatment...my DH and DS come around all the time when I give them a total cold shoulder for a couple of days. Then its are you okay Honey..are you okay Mom? I only use this tactic in dire times.:D But it works every time? You'd think they would have figured this out by now.;)

Good luck! Personally, I think you'll be going. He can't be that mean of a guy or you wouldn't have married him!

In Cozumel you can swim with the dolphins at Chankanaub Park (my family did, it was great!) and in Grand Cayman you can go to Stingray City and pet stingrays (my family did this as well, and loved it!).

Good luck on the whole planning a cruise thing. I hope you have a great time on your cruise, whether your DH comes along or not!

Deer in the winter, ducks in the fall, rabbits in the spring, trust me it will always be something. You don't know weeks in advance that it will snow, but you will know when your ship comes in. The animals will thank you for sparing them one more week on the planet.:p

I worry about people who place killing animals ahead of positive construction of the family unit. Unless you only eat venison all year.:eek:

I was married to someone who put his booze before family for 11 years. I am much happier now.:)

If your husband is as stressed as you say than it may be better for him to go hunting. It is a sport that is not all about killing " poor defenseless animals" it is about the solitude and pitting your skills against that of an animal that lives in the area you are trying to hunt. Lets face it....and I know bunny huggers will not agree....stalking an animal in miles and miles of its home territory is not all that easy

Some people go on a cruise to relax and however there are many others that find it not relaxing at all or better relaxation and stress relief not being surrounded by thousands of strangers.

OP you and he need to sit down and discuss this and come up with a workable solution that will meet both your needs. I don't know what form of hunting your husband does, bow shotgun or rifle, or how long the season is where you live but a cruise can be done any week of the year however hunting is only during a few short weeks.

Good Luck to both of you

I did talk to him about it.... told him it was january..... asked him if he preferred a balcony or an inside.... he asked me the price difference and told me to get the balcony that it was worth it....

But now he realizes it's JANUARY -- he doesn't pay attention so much since his stress has his mind preoccupied. And he's not so much upset .... he just keeps telling me that we may have to cancel. I'm on here reading and getting info about the ship, cabins, deck plans, restaurants, port excursions, NINE ships docked at cozumel, etc, getting super excited and he continues to tell me - don't get so excited cause we may have to cancel. I ask, why would we have to cancel? he says, what if it snows or something? the deer could be in rut.... you never know - anything could happen....

So, I'm not really "ticked" per-say.... but aggravated.

and yes.... I am a Hunter's Widow..... :(

Sounds like something I would do if I had something up my sleeve (meaning some kind of surprise for the dw). OF course I do all the vacation planning, so it's easier for me to pull things off. :) Personnally, I wouldn't be staying home. I couldn't imagine choosing snow over the carribbean.

you are worried about his heart condition but don't want him to do what he wants. unless he hikes miles and miles to his hunting grounds or deer hunting is only a code word for him and his buddies to stay in a cabin for a week so they can drink and eat until they pass out the hunting is probably better for him. maybe he doesn't want or it isn't good for him to fly or drive to some port and wait in lines to do things with 2-4k people especially when the first cruise wasn't so great and he doesn't want to or is ashamed to admit it. he wants to sit in a tree stand on a winter's day instead of being on a warm beach. have you gone hunting with him and not enjoyed it? has he asked you? have you asked him? is your child old enough to go and interested? ask him again to go on the cruise regardless of what the hunting conditions are in jan and agree to go hunting with him when the next perfect hunting day comes up. until he tells you he doesn't want you on any hunting trip or you both go on one and both agree it sucked like you admit the first cruise wasn't all that great you need to give his interests a chance.

you guys have given me a lot to think about..... i'm going to talk to him when he's open-minded and receptive......he says he'd rather go to bermuda or aruba - which means changing itineraries. it would be worth the $250 to change it and go at a different time and make him happy, if that's what he wants.

i just want to make sure that that is what i need to do.... i appreciate everyone's answers - funny and serious!! :)

Archived