Question About Cancelling and Rebooking

Megsie1000

after a price drop? Just checked the HAL website (thanks for the suggestion!) to see if the price of our January Eurodam cruise had dropped. Sure enough, there is a significant price drop. Our category J inside on the Main Deck has dropped by $480. We are doing a quad with 2 of our children. Our fare has gone down some and the kids' fare has gone from $99 to $49. :eek: CHEER! Final payment not due until the end of October.

My other daughter will be in a Deluxe Verandah with my parents and she has gone from $99 to $49, too, so that will save us another $50.

It appears that there are plenty of J category cabins still available, so I am not too worried about getting one. But is there a trick to getting back your specific cabin? I know they have to release it first. Should I wait a couple of days after booking to make my cabin selection. I have to remember to mark "no upgrade" again! I like the location of our original J cabin, but I will certainly give it up for another J main deck cabin for $480.

I think my parents are going to rebook again, too, since it looks like there is an even larger price difference for them. If I am doing the math right, the savings for them would be over $1000. I wonder if they are really having trouble booking this cruise? Is it unusual for there to be such a significant price drop before final payment is due?

Has anybody ever had luck just asking for the price difference in OBC? Or is that only for price drops after the final payment is due? I would certainly go for the OBC to save the hassle of rebooking. Our hotel charge alone for a quad is a little over $300 and I am certain we could find a way to spend the other $180 quite easily. :D

One last question. I have booked a lido cabana (sorry for those who hate them :o) and prepaid already. Can I just leave that reservation in place, or do I need to cancel and rebook that, too?

Do not cancel your present booking -- all your reservations, cabana, dinners, shore excursions will automatically be cancelled. And you may not get back that cabana!!

This is what LAFFNVEGAS told one person to do:

#3 report.gif

post_old.gif September 1st, 2011, 12:15 AM

image.php?u=10901&dateline=1234136189LAFFNVEGAS user_offline.gif

20,000+ Club

icon1.gif

Barbara, there is absolutely no reason to rebook. If you see a price drop then call up and ask to have it refared. The only way they would require you to rebook is if there was a special Mariner Promotion for your sailing. Even if there was a special flash rate you would keep the same reservation number and it can be refared.

Thank you, Krazy Kruizers. We don't have any dinner reservations yet or even a set dining time (we have open seating), but I think both of us want to keep our cabins if we can. And the cabana would be a pain to re-book. And you're right that I might not get it back.

We booked through a TA, so we have to wait now until Tuesday morning. I don't think HAL will let us re-fare it ourselves, will they? I guess we could try.

Check on my parents' deluxe verandah, too, and it is about $1000 less. That is quite a chunk of change.

Thank you, Krazy Kruizers. We don't have any dinner reservations yet or even a set dining time (we have open seating), but I think both of us want to keep our cabins if we can. And the cabana would be a pain to re-book. And you're right that I might not get it back.

We booked through a TA, so we have to wait now until Tuesday morning. I don't think HAL will let us re-fare it ourselves, will they? I guess we could try.

Check on my parents' deluxe verandah, too, and it is about $1000 less. That is quite a chunk of change.

Yes, I know that feeling of wondering if I wait till after the weekend will the fare still be there. So far so good. I think HAL holds those fare as active till the TAs are back from the weekend. Sounds like you'll get some good value. Have a blast.

...... And the cabana would be a pain to re-book. And you're right that I might not get it back.

If you have problems when you call to refare, tell them about the cabana rental. They might have to get someone from ship services on the line at the same time, so that if they have to cancel your booking and then rebook, that person can immediately rebook your cabana under your new booking number. Sorry about the run-on sentence.

We have done this before and the HAL staff understand that you want to keep that reservation.

Good luck with your refare.

Archived