Does RCCL ever have reduced deposit sales?

monicajay

Actually it is none of your business whether they can afford a suite and when they will pay it off. The OP asked the simple question as to whether RCCL does half deposit sales, which it does, she wasn't looking for a credit check. :rolleyes:

They do....but once again...NOT on suites.....even with booking on-board or with a next cruise certificate, a full suite (which is obviously what the OP is looking for) still requires a 200% deposit when you are dealing with a GS or above.

Actually it is none of your business whether they can afford a suite and when they will pay it off. The OP asked the simple question as to whether RCCL does half deposit sales, which it does, she wasn't looking for a credit check. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the support. My credit rating is super!

I never do anything I can't afford. No debts at all. Not even a mortgage:D.

I totally agree with the OP... I have 3 cruises planned, 1 European land vacation and all holidays and birthdays in between.

So a reduced deposit allows me to lock in the cabin and price I want and then make regular payments on the cruise.

I found a great TA that offers reduced deposit on almost all cruiselines PLUS OBC, so that's great. Unfortunately we can't mention names on CC...:(

And yet, when a person asks opinions on the topic, they make it other people's business.

A second poster had brought up the example of affording a room vs. affording a suite, and if you read it in context, you'll see that my comment was a bounce-off from that comment.

I found a great TA that offers reduced deposit on almost all cruiselines PLUS OBC, so that's great. Unfortunately we can't mention names on CC...:(

How can any one TA offer reduced deposits? It seems the fares and the booking requirements are the same (at least on RCCL) for everyone. The OBC comes out of their commission, which means they are giving your own money back to you as OBC after taking it.

And yet, when a person asks opinions on the topic, they make it other people's business.

A second poster had brought up the example of affording a room vs. affording a suite, and if you read it in context, you'll see that my comment was a bounce-off from that comment.

LOL, you can try and backtrack all you want but these are your exact words:

if you cannot come up with the full deposit now, is it realistic that you'll be able to pay the balance?

And I will repeat myself, whether they can pay is not your business. :)

They do....but once again...NOT on suites.....even with booking on-board or with a next cruise certificate, a full suite (which is obviously what the OP is looking for) still requires a 200% deposit when you are dealing with a GS or above.

HMM this is strange because 2 different people I spoke with from RCCL stated that the ALLGrande suites (which I am looking for and specifically asked about) are included in the 1/2 deposit during the WOW sales, but obviously they have no idea when that will be.

I am considering booking a 14 night cruise for November of 2012. According to the RCCL web-site the deposit will be $900.00 per person. This seems a lot of money to lay-out this far in advance. Does RCCL ever have any sales where the deposit is reduced?

I have only cruised once before on this line on the Rhapsody.

im sorry, but i dont understand. $900 each? are you sure? i just went online and "booked" a suite for $11,000+ ...and the deposit was only $900 TOTAL, not PP. i "booked" a 14 TA for nov 2012.

try again.

anthony

HMM this is strange because 2 different people I spoke with from RCCL stated that the ALLGrande suites (which I am looking for and specifically asked about) are included in the 1/2 deposit during the WOW sales, but obviously they have no idea when that will be.

Many Royal reps are unfortunately famous for misinformation.

Are deposits fully refundable up until final payment is due???? I did a courtesy hold yesterday and I thought it said the deposits were NOT refundable. :confused:

As long as you are booking in the US and you are cancelling before final payment date. If you booked thru a TA they may have further cancellation restrictions that may apply.

How can any one TA offer reduced deposits? It seems the fares and the booking requirements are the same (at least on RCCL) for everyone. The OBC comes out of their commission, which means they are giving your own money back to you as OBC after taking it.

And yet, it's possible. I booked several of my cruises this way. Don't know how their internal admin handles this, I know they offer it and I take full advantage of it.:D

LOL, you can try and backtrack all you want but these are your exact words:

if you cannot come up with the full deposit now, is it realistic that you'll be able to pay the balance?

And I will repeat myself, whether they can pay is not your business. :)

Again, when you ask opinions, you welcome opinions.

It's a reasonable question, and if you look back at the entire post, it was prefaced with a comment about trying to say something difficult nicely.

Are deposits fully refundable up until final payment is due???? I did a courtesy hold yesterday and I thought it said the deposits were NOT refundable. :confused:
Unless it's changed very recently, yes, deposits are fully refundable up 'til final payment date.

Some of the responses in this thread have left me (almost) speechless...

Every cruise I've booked I made a deposit first, then made payments monthly until final payment was required. Incremental payments make it much easier on my wallet and a reduced deposit to start the process makes it even easier on my wallet. I had no idea how many people looked down their nose at this type of situation and people (me) who can't pay everything up front all at one time.

Archived