C-pap

vapple

We will be on the Solstice and my husband uses a C-PAP machine. The ship will be providing distilled water and an extension cord...but we understand that the night tables are really small. Does anyone know if the machine will fit on those tables? We will be in an aft C-1 cabin.

Thanks!:)

We will be on the Solstice and my husband uses a C-PAP machine. The ship will be providing distilled water and an extension cord...but we understand that the night tables are really small. Does anyone know if the machine will fit on those tables? We will be in an aft C-1 cabin.

Thanks!:)

Don't worry, there will be a way for him to set it up. On the cruises I've taken on 4 different lines, never been a problem. Only problem was leaving the veranda door open & I would get " water boarded".

Hi,

This is becoming an oft-repeated question and oft-repeated thread on CC. That shows two things: 1.) more & more travelers are using CPAP/Bi-PAP machines (many members of my circle of friends & family do); and, 2.) Celebrity made a major faux pas in the rediculously useless design of the S-class standard stateroom side "tables."

The bedside nightstands in all non-suite, S-class staterooms are [iMHO] a joke. They are rickety and offer no storage space. But you will be able to configure a site for the CPAP to sit.

To that end I enclose a photo link:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2757041660099099348jkHLin

Have a WONDERFUL cruise. You're gonna love the magnificence of the S-class of ships.

CelebrityMan: If you wander around a bit on that photo link you can see other stateroom photos from your ship' date=' and many albums on the Solstice. Good for whetting the appetite. [/quote']

Agree with the range of earlier posters that the staff will be helpful and there are ways to "work it out" for your sleeping machine. I used my CPAP machine in mid June and things worked fine.

On the point by CelebrityMan, yes, there are many options in order to see lots of Solstice visuals to get you really excited about your upcoming sailing. Here are just a few below on a couple of our favorite places on this nice ship. More connected below from my live/blog.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 36,286 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas.* Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults only area.* Two hot tubs here.* Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

For entertainment in the Solstice Theatre, it was called “Solstice -- The Show” featuring a European-style dance, air acts, music, etc.* Very dramatic and interesting as they swing, twirl and soar over the audience and stage.* Here is one example of the “air show” put on by the show performers.:

SolsticeAirShowFinalTwo.jpg

This is a view of the library area on the tenth floor that overlooked the central, open core area of the ship. Not a great book selection here, but it is a nice looking area with a quiet reading hideaway.:

SolsticeLibraryView.jpg

Here’s a sample of the pools and the activities around this key hub area of the Solstice.:

SolsticeMainPoolGuyWatching.jpg

Here is an overview for this wonderfully appointed Murano room with nice wood, ceiling, glass, etc., details.* Maximum capacity for seating in 90.* For the last night, they have 30 people on a waiting listing.* We booked ahead which was smart in order to get a specific date.:

MuranoRoomOverview.jpg

In front of where the desserts were offered at the brunch buffet in the MDR, there were three ice carvings.:

SolsticeThreeIceCarvingDesserts.jpg

Archived