Pre-cruise obsession

Sonicked

Goodness ME, I only booked my cruise two days ago, and it's not until the end of November, yet my mind simply won't get off the topic. I can't stop reading about the ship, the cabin, the activities, the ports of call... AAAAH I feel like I might need to be brain-bleached of all Cruise thoughts until closer to the date, just so I can actually do some work.

Is anyone else getting a bit obsessive in terms of their pre-cruise activities?

Goodness ME, I only booked my cruise two days ago, and it's not until the end of November, yet my mind simply won't get off the topic. I can't stop reading about the ship, the cabin, the activities, the ports of call... AAAAH I feel like I might need to be brain-bleached of all Cruise thoughts until closer to the date, just so I can actually do some work.

26 cruises and it always happens to me.....Much better than doing something Illegal.....

Happy Sailing to Us All....

Bob e

I do it all the time.

Funny thing is, my next cruise is the same ship I went on for my first cruise, but I'm still reading up on it as if I've never been on the ship before.

I think I'm just really excited because I have a balcony room this time around ... I'll continue to obsess over it until I step foot on the ship.

Our cruise isn't until next May and I'm obsessing over everything: our cabin, the port, what we'll do at the ports, our mail, clothes I'll bring.........:)

we're going on the Monarch one week from today! It's all I can think about at work! Once we get home and have recovered, I am planning a surprise 25th anniversary cruise for dh! I want to book it spring 2012 and go in feb of 2013! I have been researching and think I know which one I want. Now to try to find a way to secretly save up and pay for it without him noticing anything. I will have to find some trusted friend to share my excitement with since I don't want him to know till very close to embarkation! Woohoo!:p

My family and in-laws (father and mother) always take a cruise over the Christmas break. We usually depart out of a Florida port and as a tradition, the night before the cruise we all go out to eat at Olive Garden. We don't really have a post cruise ritual. This year we are departing out of San Juan and I don't know what were gonna do for our traditional pre-cruise dinner (there is no Olive Garden in Puerto Rico).

This made me laugh -- sounds just like me. We booked in November 2010, not cruising til December of this year. Every night at dinner, hub gets treated to, "this is what I read on CC today..." LOL

To me, the anticipation and planning and daydreaming are a huge part of the fun.

Well, I changed my cruise in February from the LOS to the NOS and now that has made me even more obsessed! LOL Although I won't be in a balcony anymore, I get an extra night of cruising and it's a ship I've never been on before, so I'm excited.

I literally pull out the itinerary every time I'm at work; it helps the day go by faster and motivates me to put in overtime when I can.

This made me laugh -- sounds just like me. We booked in November 2010, not cruising til December of this year. Every night at dinner, hub gets treated to, "this is what I read on CC today..." LOL

To me, the anticipation and planning and daydreaming are a huge part of the fun.

Haha, sounds like me and my partner of an evening. He's actually started asking how many days to go, what I read about today, and so on. I just hope I'm not going to end up with false expectations!

You have a condition called "Cruise Brain". Unfortunately there is no cure, and it affects some worse and sooner than others. The only treatment is regular visits to CC to help manage your condition. Visits to travel sections of your local library and bookstores can be helpful too, as well as cruise booking websites. The best temporary cure is to be onboard, but symptoms will worsen into Cruise Envy upon the completion of your current cruise and you realize the people you see arriving in port are about to board YOUR ship! It's best to maintain the condition by scheduling another cruise ASAP, even if you're still onboard. Then the cycle starts all over...

In that case can I leave my brain to Science? My wife has told me that it is if no use to me.:cool:

john

Of course, but you must tell her in order for it to be of any use to science, it must be kept stimulated with many cruises until the day you can truly part with it. :D

I'm definitely OBSESSED. I had never even thought about cruising until April of this year, booked in May Sailed in August, (bought a future carnival vacation certificate) and booked again for Jan 7 last week! I check CC and Carnival multiple times a day. My neighbors at work are so sick of hearing about my vacation planing!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Archived