Tours from port

penny56

New to cruises, does the ship require you to be back at a certain time from a tour? My Naples tour ends at 5:30, and we depart at 6pm. is this a problem. I am taking a Carnival tour.

You will need to be back on the ship at 5:30 PM.

This is cutting it way too close.

Naples within and then to and from Naples is highly unpredictable so 5:30 PM could turn out to be much later than that.

If you are doing a ships tour nothing to worry about. The ship will wait for the excursion if it is running late. If you are doing a tour on your own then the ship will not wait for you. If this is a private tour I would change the time to get you back by 5:00 PM at the latest.

Keith

Carnival will set the time you need to be back on board. Normally, if the ship is docked, the onboard time is 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Since you are due to sail at 6pm you have to be onboard by 5:30pm. For me you are calling it too close. If you get back after 6:00pm, you are likely to see the ship sailing away. It will then be your probelm to catch up with the ship at the enext port.

There are lots of videos on YouTube, and elsewhere, showing unfortunate would-be passengers running down the pier trying to outrun a departing ship. When they say the ship leaves at 6:00, they do NOT mean 6:01. Once they pull the gangway they will not put it back.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Have a wonderful cruise.

New to cruises, does the ship require you to be back at a certain time from a tour? My Naples tour ends at 5:30, and we depart at 6pm. is this a problem. I am taking a Carnival tour.

I just reread your post.

You are fine as long as what you said is correct.

If you are taking the ships tour thru Carnival as your post seems to imply then the cruise line will not depart until the tour has come back to the ship and your fine.

Keith

Archived