Ballroom Dancing on the Solstice

Boo2

My hubby and I are booked for a B2B on the Solstice in December and we were wondering about Ballroom dancing onboard. We were on the Equinox a couple of years ago and they had Early Bird dancing in the Grand Foyer some nights before dinner and also some Ballroom hours in Sky later in the evenings.

Can anyone tell me if they do the same on the Solstice? I've posted trying to find the Celebrity Today Dailies from our upcoming cruises but so far, I haven't been able to get my hands on them. :(

I'd really appreciate the info. Thanks!

You should be in luck. On our June cruise from Barcelona on the Solstice, the ship's orchestra played ballroom dance music in the foyer on most evenings. I don't remember if they also did ballroom in the sky lounge. Everytime we went to the sky lounge the party band was playing.

You should be in luck. On our June cruise from Barcelona on the Solstice, the ship's orchestra played ballroom dance music in the foyer on most evenings. I don't remember if they also did ballroom in the sky lounge. Everytime we went to the sky lounge the party band was playing.

I am curious about dancing on the S class ships as compared to the M class ships. Is there a bar service available so you can sit and have a drink and dance before dinner in the foyer area? Did you feel squashed? Were people standing in front of you? Was their enough seating?

To tell you the truth, I am not a fan of the foyer setup. While on Century, the foyer was being used for cooking demonstrations. What a zoo! People were trying to get a look and samples. Also the idea of standing (some people were on the main staircase) for a lot of older people while on a moving vessel no less, might not be the safest or most comfortable idea. I would prefer these events in a lounge area.

On Equinox, a folkloric group came on to entertain in the foyer. The best view was on the elevator riding up and down, up and down, up and down...

My husband and I are considering either a B2B on the Solstice or an 11 night on the Equinox in December or January. We have been on the Equinox twice and love her except for the sorry situation for dancing. Having ballroom dancing relegated to the crowded foyer just does not work! Only six or seven couples can be on the floor at one time and there is very little room to move even then. When we were on this January and this May there was no ballroom dancing in the Sky Lounge or anywhere else. The Rendevous Lounge on the Millinneum class ships is a much better set up so you might wan't to consider one of them in the future.

I am curious about dancing on the S class ships as compared to the M class ships. Is there a bar service available so you can sit and have a drink and dance before dinner in the foyer area? Did you feel squashed? Were people standing in front of you? Was their enough seating?

To tell you the truth, I am not a fan of the foyer setup. While on Century, the foyer was being used for cooking demonstrations. What a zoo! People were trying to get a look and samples. Also the idea of standing (some people were on the main staircase) for a lot of older people while on a moving vessel no less, might not be the safest or most comfortable idea. I would prefer these events in a lounge area.

On Equinox, a folkloric group came on to entertain in the foyer. The best view was on the elevator riding up and down, up and down, up and down...

It is not ideal. We are just off the Eclipse and danced much less than usual because of the awkwardness of the location, the limited seating in the foyer area and the lack of a bar so that our non dancing friends could join us. While I loved the Eclipse, I prefer the M class setup for ballroom dancing.

It is not ideal. We are just off the Eclipse and danced much less than usual because of the awkwardness of the location, the limited seating in the foyer area and the lack of a bar so that our non dancing friends could join us. While I loved the Eclipse, I prefer the M class setup for ballroom dancing.

We got off Solstice two weeks ago and had the same experience. Just not enough room to do a slow foxtrot and you can forget a quickstep. Cha cha cha and rumba were OK though. There was the possiblity to do some Latin and jive in the Sky lounge.

Of all the cruises we've done we danced the least on Solstice. Constellation was better but best of all were the Princess ships.

Peter

Archived