Atlantis Waterpark Tickets

angelalhs

We will be going on the disney dream in a few weeks and my son and I want to use the Atlantis Waterpark. What is the cheapest way to get tickets and how far away is it where the cruise ship dock to Atlantis? Do we have to get a cab or is it walking distance?

The Atlantis Waterpark is on Paradise Island. The ship docks in Nassau. The price to get over to Atlantis is about $25 - $35 each way in a cab. You may be able to find a taxi hack to take your over the bridge for less. The problem is once you get to the Resort. The price for Adventureland is about $110 per person. The water park is not accessible from the street; it is actually on the resort. You may be able to rent a room at the Comfort Suites or Atlantis for the day, that would give you free access to the water park. Or just pay Disney for the excursion.

My sister looked into that when she couldn't get signed up for the excursion. A room was about $700, and would only have provided 4 tickets (she needed 5). Best bet is to sign up for the excursion. If it's already booked, get yourself on the waitlist.

My sister looked into that when she couldn't get signed up for the excursion. A room was about $700, and would only have provided 4 tickets (she needed 5). Best bet is to sign up for the excursion. If it's already booked, get yourself on the waitlist.
Is Atlantis really that awesome? I have never been able to convince myself to take the plunge with our family of 5.

Twice now my family and I have gone to the waterpark at Atlantis by paying for a room at the adjacent Comfort Suites. Originally my room cost was about $365, when booked about 8-9 mos in advance. This would give us the 3 tix I needed. By constantly checking room rates over time for both trips I only ended up paying about $210 for the room,,, breaking the wristband cost down to very managable compared to going thru the Cruiseline or Atlantis itself. I think the rooms are capable of sleeping up to 5 people, not that I've ever actually seen the inside of a room. We check in in the morning, pay for the room, get our wristbands and never go back. They didnt even question our no luggage so I think this happens pretty frequently. Less work for them.. Thsi plan has worked for me but does have to be done in advance and go guarentees.....I really feel Atlantis is worth it. Beautiful hotel and landscape, the water park is unbelievable,especially the river ride that goes completely around the park and the beach is great!

I like the idea of finding a hotel that gives you access to the waterpark. Keep in mind the extra cab fare, though I cant imagine it being that much. Weve gone many times and the cab ride each way from port to atlantis I believe is $5 or $6 per person.

One thing we did: I got the cheaper beach package for atlantis. We were able to enjoy all the major scenery of the resort--its truly amazing, and take some amazing pictures. We were traveling with young children, so we knew we wouldnt get a chance to really enjoy the rides, but the lagoon overlooking atlantis + our million dollar pictures were definitely worth the $60 price tag.

• 1 year later...

I'm confused how everyone is finding it cheaper to book thru Comfort Suites. When i looked up the price for 1 room, then added $80 for person #3 and #4, then added the exhorbitant tax of $137, then added $25 for a taxi to, and $25 for taxi back, and also another $90 for the non-included service charge, it's more expensive than the cruise excursion. So how are you concluding that it's cheaper?

I'm confused how everyone is finding it cheaper to book thru Comfort Suites. When i looked up the price for 1 room, then added $80 for person #3 and #4, then added the exhorbitant tax of $137, then added $25 for a taxi to, and $25 for taxi back, and also another $90 for the non-included service charge, it's more expensive than the cruise excursion. So how are you concluding that it's cheaper?

Things may have changed since the last post before yours back in September 26th, 2011.

Hopefully someone will have some more up to date experience.

ex techie

The cost can vary greatly depending on the time of year you are going. We went the week after Thanksgiving two years ago and Comfort Suites was the cheapest option by far. In the summer, though, maybe not.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It all depends on when your cruise is leaving. If it's one of the 7 AM-2 PM cruises (e.g. Allure), I would say it's not worth it. The waterpark doesn't open until 10 AM, and you need to leave early enough to allow time to get back to the ship. The Dream left later (I think 6 PM). We had plenty of time to get to the CS, check in and walk across to Atlantis, have a wonderful day at the waterpark, and still have time to get back to the ship. It was not crowded when we were there in late November, so we got on everything with no problem. I also got a rate at CS that was less than the daily pass at Atlantis, so it was well worth it for us. It is definitely worth comparing the rates through the cruise line, day pass at Atlantis, and CS, then decide whether the cost is worth it for you.

We did the whole water park excursion thru the cruiseline...it seemed the easiest way at the time. I did price Comfort Suites, but weare a family of five, so that wouldn't work. It was fun, but as noted, rather expensive. Ticket prices were about 3x the daily rate for the Orlando area waterparks, and the food prices were typical theme park average, not as bad as I had expected. We had fun, it was different enough that it didn't feel like we were just at a standard "ride the slides" kind of place, but DH and I agreed that we most likely wouldn't spend the $$ again.

For my two kids and myself in April, the Comfort Suites is $332. To book thru DCL it is $121 more. However, that includes transportation both ways and a voucher for our lunches. Figuring $40 for cabs and $50 for lunch, it only costs $31 more to go thru DCL. That is actually my insurance. If I book the Comfort Suites, it is non refundable, so if by chance we don't get into Nassau the day we are supposed to, I am out $332, whereas DCL won't charge me for an excursion we can't go on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Things may have changed since the last post before yours back in September 26th, 2011.

Hopefully someone will have some more up to date experience.

ex techie

I've booked it thru cruise line only once when just he & me (pricing worked out better for two pp) as it's more cost effective to book CS when kids are with us.

Currently booked for upcoming January cruise, where numbers work out well:D $97 pp (the infant in our group gets free admission, no need to put on reservation according to mgr @ CS). Adding approx. $20 in taxi/food pp for total OOP of $117 vs the ship's fee of $169 saves us $50+ pp or over $200 for our group!

We appreciate the military rate, they do offer others including prepaid, AAA, etc.

You do need to carefully examine your confirmation. Currently, they are including tax/housekeeping/energy surcharge in estimated total even though it's stated they aren't on said reservation.:confused: I worked out the charges then confirmed it via several email exchanges with the property's manager. Their reservation confirmation is easily the most confusing of any travel I've booked:rolleyes:. The only way to accurately determine your cost is to do a dummy reservation, then do the math.

here's the breakdown of my estimated total as indicated on my reservation:

Military Rate: $175

$175 Plus Two Extra Adult Charge $40 X 2 = $80: $255

$255 Plus 20% Tax = $51: $306

$306 Plus Housekeeping/Energy Fee $20.95 pp X 4 = $83.80: $389.80

$389.80 divided by 4 adults = $97.45 pp (plus taxi lunch fees of approx. $20 pp)

No issue to pay for our own shuttle and lunch (portions are large at snack bar near main pool, DH & I usually share a lunch, with extra drink well under $15). We enjoy the ability to leave earlier/come back later than ship's excursion.

Edited by keishashadow

We appreciate the military rate, they do offer others including prepaid, AAA, etc.

You do need to carefully examine your confirmation. Currently, they are including tax/housekeeping/energy surcharge in estimated total even though it's stated they aren't on said reservation.:confused: I worked out the charges then confirmed it via several email exchanges with the property's manager...

here's the breakdown of my estimated total as indicated on my reservation:

Military Rate: $175

$175 Plus Two Extra Adult Charge $40 X 2 = $80: $255

$255 Plus 20% Tax = $51: $306

$306 Plus Housekeeping/Energy Fee $20.95 pp X 4 = $83.80: $389.80

$389.80 divided by 4 adults = $97.45 pp (plus taxi lunch fees of approx. $20 pp)

No issue to pay for our own shuttle and lunch (portions are large at snack bar near main pool, DH & I usually share a lunch, with extra drink well under $15). We enjoy the ability to leave earlier/come back later than ship's excursion.

The difference on my dummy reservation is the tax for the 255 room...$137 instead of $51 on yours. That's why I said it was exhorbitant. Then 2-way transportation too.

It makes me wonder if they added the surcharges to the tax.

Sorry, Atlantis imo is not worth the $$$$. We did it and it turned into a complete gong show. Far too many people in the lazy river, so many that there were literally no tubes available and there were many many log jams at choke points.

Also, lunch was a mess. Line ups out the wazoo and waiting was horrible. Now likely there were other large cruise ships there as well, so take that into consideration, but if it were me I would not do that excursion again.

The difference on my dummy reservation is the tax for the 255 room...$137 instead of $51 on yours. That's why I said it was exhorbitant. Then 2-way transportation too.

It makes me wonder if they added the surcharges to the tax.

on mine they did (all the extra person/tax/housekeeping & misc fees are included on my estimate...that's what I tried to explain

try this:

just take whatever base rate you initially find for the room

then multiply it by .20, which equates to 'just' the 20% tax

add that $ amt to the base rate and compare it to the stated est total on the quote. if it's less then you need to back-track and figure out what charges are included using the methodology I indicated in earlier post.

Note: i'm not trying to shill for CS, I hope most people decide to book the excursions to help keep the room occupancy/rates available.;)

• 1 month later...

now I am confused .... , I got quoted 224.00 for a room for 3 people , what is the extra $80.00 you are talking about , and the tax ?

Atlantis is worth the trip. It is a an exceptional water park. However i would recommend the most cost effective way is to do the cruise shore excursion.

Carnival is charging 520.00 for 3 of us which includes shuttle and lunch , if I go through comfort inn , it will cost me 289.00 (taxes in) , plus taxi or water taxi

This has to be about the biggest rip off attraction in the entire Caribbean, IMO. So, no, I would not pay $100 pp for a few hours of water slides. Plus lunch. Plus taxi. Plus plus plus plus.

IMO, and this is only my opinion; Walk around Nassau, see unique and interesting historical sites, free forts, low cost museums; etc. get back on the ship for free water slides and lunch. I don't understand paying top dollar for a cruise to the Bahamas, to skip the amenities of the ship to go spend top dollar for a water park and skip any of the unique features of the island.

I know a lot of people love it and somehow justify the crazy expense, so whatever works best for you is fine; you just won't bump into us there!

This has to be about the biggest rip off attraction in the entire Caribbean, IMO. So, no, I would not pay $100 pp for a few hours of water slides. Plus lunch. Plus taxi. Plus plus plus plus.

IMO, and this is only my opinion; Walk around Nassau, see unique and interesting historical sites, free forts, low cost museums; etc. get back on the ship for free water slides and lunch. I don't understand paying top dollar for a cruise to the Bahamas, to skip the amenities of the ship to go spend top dollar for a water park and skip any of the unique features of the island.

I know a lot of people love it and somehow justify the crazy expense, so whatever works best for you is fine; you just won't bump into us there!

many don't flinch spending $100 on a spa treatment or even pricier cabana, to each their own:)

many don't flinch spending $100 on a spa treatment or even pricier cabana, to each their own:)

Or on alcohol on board the ship, or eating at Palo or Remy, or pictures from Shutters. We don't do any of these things nor the spa or cabana, but really enjoy Atlantis for the kids. When they are older and don't cruise with us, things may change. Each family dynamic is different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Some people, and we're not going to name names here <cough>, will drop that much to play a round of golf on a pro tour quality course. 4-1/2 hrs.