Lifeboat drill?

jimphil

Normally it's done on the first day while the ship is still in port or just underway, but there doesn't seem to be any set rule. They could do it the second day just as easy. When the alarm sounds everyone grabs their life jackets from the cabins and proceed to their respective muster stations. There everyone is lined up and counted (they've started using little red cards with your name and cabin number which will be collected at the muster station), then everyone has to listen to the instructions for the proper wear of the life jackets (in five languages), and wait for the all-clear signal. It takes maybe 30-40 minutes at the most.

The life boat drill is compulsory for all pax and done by all lines under International Maritime law. For most pax the drill takes place at the port where the cruise starts. Where a cruise picks up extra pax en route then only the pax who have just joined the ship anew are required to attend the drill .

As Bob Newhart once said, it pays to pay attention as if you get your lifevest on the wrong way you will end up with your face in the water !!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Just been reading this thread and noticed your location, Capricruiser 'Italy'. I know I'm off topic, but can you help me find other cruisers, Italian, perhaps, who will cruise on Allegra 1st December to Mauritius? Where /how can I contact the other passengers, because there is no-one on the roll calls here or other sites! Do Italians not chat, pre-cruise, or is it the language barrier? Please help! Many thanks.

Just been reading this thread and noticed your location, Capricruiser 'Italy'. I know I'm off topic, but can you help me find other cruisers, Italian, perhaps, who will cruise on Allegra 1st December to Mauritius? Where /how can I contact the other passengers, because there is no-one on the roll calls here or other sites! Do Italians not chat, pre-cruise, or is it the language barrier? Please help! Many thanks.

Capricruiser is currently on a cruise and will be back homeabout mid October, he is posting live messages from the Atlantica while cruising.

Ron

There will be many Italians on the Allegra but no way to contact them prior to the cruise. Very very few Italians are CC members. You may find some Greeks as well on board.

Archived