This three-day sale email

Wendy The Wanderer

Originally Posted by LHT28 viewpost.gif

You only need 20 & it is free ;)

I MIGHT live that long. :)

But our money won't!!!

We have a cruise planned with Oceania in early 2012, under their "free air" plan and have just gotten our airline schedule. We decided to go with Oceania's schedule and the deviation air fee because we live in the eastern US and will be flying to the other side of the date line. In these days of roller coaster air fares and changing schedules, we figured it was better for them to have to deal with it, even though we have a good TA. Am concerned about tight connections (x 3 each way) during US winter weather.

We are going to be doing our own visa fees, hotels and transfers, seeing that they add a 'service charge' of 20-50% over what we can do ourselves.

I will warn our TA of these reports of rudeness and unhelpfulness, so she doesn't take it personally. As with others, it is the itinerary plus on-board service that has captured our interest in this cruise.

Oceania has set up a series of expectations which are above other lines, and charge a premium for it. If they don't deliver, then all the 3 day 'sales' in the world, will not help them. There are just so many who can afford to sail 5+ times a year (not us!). Standards are standards, and no matter the size of your investment funds, if one is treated rudely and does not receive value for the premium cost, then one will look elsewhere.

Nobody wants them to disappear. I think the point is that they are not "free." They are included in the price. We are paying for them in the fare. But marketing, by using the word "free," tries to convince us that we are getting something for nothing.

Thank you. You caught my exact meaning. And no, I don't want to be nickeled and dimed to death either. Just don't try and convince me it's free. "Included" is truthful and wonderful, O!

Nobody wants them to disappear. I think the point is that they are not "free." They are included in the price. We are paying for them in the fare. But marketing, by using the word "free," tries to convince us that we are getting something for nothing. Not the case. With the fares Oceania charges, we have paid for water, soda and cappuccino many times over. They could throw in a few cocktails and they'd still be way ahead. "Free" is when they give me a cruise for free after I sail 100 times (I won't live that long).

We agree.

Archived