Travel to Port

jfhbearcat

Wife and I are going on our first cruise next March (spring break time) out of Miami, FL on Carnival. Flights to Ft Lauderdale (FLL) $200 less than Miami. Fly in to FLL or Miami? Where to stay? Carnival shuttle or other shuttle if going to FLL. Thanks.

Wife and I are going on our first cruise next March (spring break time) out of Miami, FL on Carnival. Flights to Ft Lauderdale (FLL) $200 less than Miami. Fly in to FLL or Miami? Where to stay? Carnival shuttle or other shuttle if going to FLL. Thanks.

I prefer to fly into FLL...we fly in the night before and stay at the W and then have dinner at Yolos and drinks at Lulus Bait Shack...CVS right downstairs from baitshack for any last minute items you might need...

Take a cab or set up a car service to Miami in the AM...

I highly recommend SAS shuttle www.ridesas.com to get you from FLL to a hotel in Miami and back after the cruise. I like the Holiday Inn downtown across the street from the Bayside Marketplace. It's a very fun area to hang out in.

Carnival also offers Luggage Express for your trip home. With this option you need to have a flight home after 12:30, when you sign up for it your S&S card is charged $20 per person, they check you in for your flight, print your boarding pass, luggage tags and you put your luggage out in the hall the night before you are getting off the ship then you don't see it again until you arrive at baggage claim at your home airport.

Makes for a nice relaxing debarkation experience.

The trip between the airport and pier is about 35 minutes if I remember correctly.

We flew into FLL last year just because there was such a huge price difference. However, we did end up staying in South Beach (just because we wanted to and got a wonderful rate at the Wyndham). We used SAS transportation (they come highly recommended on here). They were cheaper than a taxi and they were right there within minutes or before we came out of the airport terminal. Excellent service. Very friendly and rates you can't beat! :)

Archived