Sea Sick

Croozer101

ok our cruise leaving Sat for the Bahamas may be a bit rocky because of Maria. I know they have dramamine at the pursers desk , but what else do you use ? I get dizzy easy so I would like to take something with me or something to head it off if possible . What has worked for you?

head over to Walmart and pick up BONINE. it is a chewable tablet you can take 12 hours apart if need be and it won't make you drowsy ( at least it didnt' me)

I also purchase ginger tablets and take those at 'lunch'...

They will charge you a buck a pill from what I've been told..

My sister got pretty sea sick on when we were on the Allure back in June. The only thing that made her feel better were these pressure point bracelets from one of the on board shops that she kept on for the entire cruise.

Every so often I took some dramamine, but thankfully it wasn't much of an issue for me.

you can take the bonine the morning you board the plane... and then the morning you board.. I personally take it at night because depending upon which way the bed goes, I either enjoy the rocking....

or toss whatever is in my stomach.....or not...:D

Happened to me in March..had a porthole cabin...would do a porthole again..but would take bonine BEFORE...rather than after I've..well, you know...

I have taken it on every cruise. Got it at Wal-Mart and I take it every few hours and it keeps the woozies away. Definitely take it before ship sails, at least an hour before. I usually take it about 2 pm before a 4 pm sailing.

My sister got pretty sea sick on when we were on the Allure back in June. The only thing that made her feel better were these pressure point bracelets from one of the on board shops that she kept on for the entire cruise.

Every so often I took some dramamine, but thankfully it wasn't much of an issue for me.

I bought the wrist bands at walgreens for 11$ and they worked for me I get sick if I watch a conveyer belt moving! :p

only been on one cruise.......but hubby & I get sicksick easy......hubby took bonine......started 1 day before......I took ginger pills.....also started the day before & we both wore the seabands......it was really rocky the first nite.....neither one of us got even a lil bit queasy......have a great cruise......hope maria falls apart before she reaches the bahamas.

only been on one cruise.......but hubby & I get sicksick easy......hubby took bonine......started 1 day before......I took ginger pills.....also started the day before & we both wore the seabands......it was really rocky the first nite.....neither one of us got even a lil bit queasy......have a great cruise......hope maria falls apart before she reaches the bahamas. :)

Most people report that Bonine and/or ginger keeps them from feeling seasick.

I asked on another CC forum if anyone every took Bonine and/or Dramamine or the patch and got seasick but never got any replies. The lack of responses basically speaks for itself.

I take Bonine the night before and the morning of the cruise. For me, I take it two times in a 24 hours period. Some people only take it one time in 24 hours.

Best of luck to you.

my first cruise I took bonine only and still had problems (may have been the company too, my now ex husnand :D) so this time I am equipped with the transderm scop patch, sea bands, ginger, and bonine...gosh I hope one of those works! :)

Meclizine 25 mg you will need to get from your doctor... worked the best for me and have used every over the counter med and this was the only thing that worked,

I have been on over 25 cruise

I take Ginger pills, starting the night before the cruise & so far, have not gotten sea sick & never had to take them for the entire cruise. On the one I just got back from, we had pretty rough waters the 1st night from Lee.

Archived