Emerald Princess Balcony Room--Silly Question

FawnRiver

We're booked on the Emerald for the Southern Caribbean itinerary departing January 17th. I've been reading all of the helpful tips on what to pack (this is cruise number 3, so there's still lots to learn :D) and one tip said to pack those black butterfly clips to hold down the shower curtain. On our previous two cruises we were in a suite (thank you upgrade fairy) and in a mini suite. This is our first regular balcony room and it just occurred to me that I have no idea if the shower in our room would have a door or a curtain.

I don't want to pack anything "just in case" as we have to fly, so any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

We've never had an issue with a shower curtain staying in place. Personally, I see no need to bring clips.

Lew

Lew, we have no problem with the curtain either. However, not all folks are created equal and some have problems with curtains enveloping them.

No curtain problem here either. We do, however, touch the curtain when showering (or it touches us occasionally) and assume others do too, so we ask for a freshly washed curtain on Day 1 of our cruise. After that, we really don't care. I will warn you, the bathroom floor can get wet. We fold used towels in half and lay them on the floor as additional bath mats.

I take the clips but don't need or use them for the shower curtain. Use them on the drapes to keep the light out as much as possible in the a.m. The drapes don't seem to close tightly. If you pull them to far to the center to eliminate the gap in the center, you get one on the sides! Those we tape to the wall. The a.m. brightness isn't bad if you're an early riser. Also in the Caribbean it doesn't get light awfully early. In Alaska and the Norwegian fjords they are a must!

We have found if you keep the bathroom door closed when showering, no problem with a fly away or 'extra friendly' shower curtain. If you leave the door ajar, or open, and someone opens the balcony door while you are in there, it causes a type of suction and the curtain will take on a life of it's own while you are showering. ;)

I take the clips but don't need or use them for the shower curtain. Use them on the drapes to keep the light out as much as possible in the a.m. The drapes don't seem to close tightly. If you pull them to far to the center to eliminate the gap in the center, you get one on the sides! Those we tape to the wall. The a.m. brightness isn't bad if you're an early riser. Also in the Caribbean it doesn't get light awfully early. In Alaska and the Norwegian fjords they are a must!

LOL. Different strokes. We deliberately don't close the drapes all the way because we don't like total darkness. Just think how much money we would save if we could survive in an inside cabin. ;)

LOL. Different strokes. We deliberately don't close the drapes all the way because we don't like total darkness. Just think how much money we would save if we could survive in an inside cabin. ;)
I just lap over the edges of the curtains and push the chair against the door to hold them in place.

We have found if you keep the bathroom door closed when showering, no problem with a fly away or 'extra friendly' shower curtain. If you leave the door ajar, or open, and someone opens the balcony door while you are in there, it causes a type of suction and the curtain will take on a life of it's own while you are showering. ;)

Toto...You're correct about the open balcony door creating an 'extra friendly' shower curtain if the bathroom door isn't closed. Sometimes like getting a big wet hug! :eek::D

OP, I don't bother bringing clips or anything like that...we just make sure the balcony door is closed. But, don't drop the soap because retrieving it will surely get you intimately acquainted with the shower curtain. :D

For those who are in the mood for a good steam, keeping the bathroom door closed while showering will do it!

Tried that once....got way to steamy for me....

Archived