OBC maximum allowable?

Maybe previously discussed but could not find on a search. Is there a maximum dollar amount of on-board credits allowed by Royal Caribbean? For instance: $100 OBC shareholders benefit, plus $150 OBC with Royal Caribbean Visa Rewards, plus travel agent $100 OBC perk. Just wandering whether I should save my Visa Rewards points for later. Thanks so much for your input!

Maybe previously discussed but could not find on a search. Is there a maximum dollar amount of on-board credits allowed by Royal Caribbean? For instance: $100 OBC shareholders benefit, plus $150 OBC with Royal Caribbean Visa Rewards, plus travel agent $100 OBC perk. Just wandering whether I should save my Visa Rewards points for later. Thanks so much for your input!

I've never heard of a max amount. We have more OBC on each of our upcoming 3 cruises........so you should be fine.

I'm no expert on this, but I do know that the RC Visa Rewards OBC can be combined with anything. We've done it many times.

I think the shareholder OBC is not combinable with the OBC you get from booking onboard, but it should be fine with a TA OBC perk.

To my knowledge, there is no "max" for OBC, just a couple of things that can't be combined with others. You should be fine with the three you mentioned - have a great cruise!:)

Judy

I'm not sure how we got so much. It is the same travel agent we have used for the past 5 cruises. I had gone on RCCL.com and was looking at the prices and cabins and then I called him to see what he could offer. The cruise price is the same as it showed on the website and he gave me the 1000 obc. I really wasn't planning on booking that day but had to after that offer. I think he maybe put us in with a group booking? The only stipulation is the obc will decrease if we take advantage of any price decreases. We have a D2 booked and a month or so ago I saw a D1 available for about 100 more than what we had booked a D2 at. I called to see if we could switch over but he said our obc would then drop to 450. Also a D2 has now jumped another 400.

Tina

I dont think there is a max amount. There are just some things that cannot be combined. We have 1,000 OBC from our travel agent for our Allure cruise.

Tina

$1000 OBC is AWESOME. How lucky to have your TA!

Thanks to everyone for all the great responses. I love CruiseCritic!

Is there anywhere on Rccl.com you can find out about your OBC?

thanks

michele

No, it won't be viewable anywhere online.

There will be a code on your invoice from RC that indicates book-onboard OBC or shareholder's OBC, but not the dollar amount.

If it's OBC from your TA, you'll have to verify that with an invoice from your TA.

Once you are on your cruise, the OBC won't appear on your account until the second night or so.

We have an OBC from our TA. Do I just need to bring the TA's invoice that notes the OBC with me just in case? Is that enough to prove the OBC if it doesn't show up?

Not usually. But DEFINITELY bring the invoice. They often CALL the travel agent for verification if the OBC doesn't show up.

Shareholder OBC is not combinable with anything, including onboard booking OBCs, and C&A balcony discounts, which basically makes the shareholder OBC a non-benefit for most of us!:mad:

Why does RCL penalize its shareholders by not allowing onboard booking OBC's and C&A balcony discounts?

I don't understand their logic. :confused:

That's another reason I prefer CCL! At least they don't penalize their shareholders. :D

Anyone want to buy my RCL shares?..........please?

PR.

Why does RCL penalize its shareholders by not allowing onboard booking OBC's and C&A balcony discounts?

That's another reason I prefer CCL! At least they don't penalize their shareholders. :D

PR.

Very good question!

PR.

I think its according to how the wind blows. I have been dissallowed a $100 OBC for early booking bonus promo in the past with Carnival because I got $100 OBC for shareholders. I had been told by my Carnival PVP I could combine a welcome back $50 discount with a FCC on Carnival and then couldnt and she couldnt make good what she told me.

Yes, currently now on Carnival you can combine with stockholder's .. but who knows how long. Before you could combine it on RCL and not on CCL, so these kind of things seem to be blowing in the wind and changeable.

Archived