Upcoming Elation Dry Dock

Trin1103

In November this year, the Elation will move from Mobile to New Orleans permanently - and before she begins service out of her new home port, as I understand it, she is scheduled to go into dry dock for a spruce up.

I was just wondering if anybody has any inside infos on what type of "spruce-up" she will be getting in dry dock? I sure would love it if they gave her the rest of the Evolutions upgrades, but as I understand it that will not be happening.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I'm really happy to see such a lovely ship coming to the port of NOLA to offer her services to us landlocked Arkies!!!! :)

..Trin..

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that - if John said it, then it is probably true. The staff "thought" they would get it, but like I said, were not sure. Probably just hopeful. I wish it would though, it is a beautiful ship and we really enjoyed it. I am surprised thought since she is one of the new Fantasy ships in the fleet - she appeared very well cared for by the crew.

Overall I thought the ship was in really good condition, although you could see some wear which is to be expected. You would regularly see someone cleaning even the slightest details like ledges,etc. I saw no accumulation of dust on anything - even the really hard to reach places. There were always maintenance people doing routine painting or other work -- they seemed to really take good care of her. When we were docked, they were maliciously stripping and painting the lights that hang overboard. They did a good job of keeping the area closures to a minimum as to not inconvenience guests.

The ship has beautiful details throughout if you take the time to look. Too bad some of the small faces throughout had been damaged by folks. We spent quite of bit of time just searching out the little details in each area of the ship.

The most wear I saw was in the cabin. The drawers were really warn and did not open easily. One of the doors to the closet was partially broken. Nothing horrible, but they could really stand to be replaced or overhauled.

We're cruising on the Elation fresh out of dry dock from NOLA on Nov. 5th so we will see first hand.

(according to our T/A and Carnival as others have said it's just routine cleaning up, nothing much more)

Will she be in dry dock 2 or 3 weeks? Either way, seems to be a bit long for a routine clean up. I hope her cabins get an upgrade.

hmm, i just booked Elation last night, and was told yes, for waterworks. any news?

I do not recall anyone of any importance stating the Elation would get Water Works, all that I am aware of is people speculating.

I'll let you know in 34 days when we board her!

We booked a B2B because it did not have waterworks. My son hates ships with. The CD said that they were getting it in 2013 but John Heald posted that they might do something different w Elation and Paradise. I just wissh they would replace thE Sensation or Ecstasy with somthing just a bit better. (Even the Triumph which is the next class lowest ranked ship)

I do not recall anyone of any importance stating the Elation would get Water Works, all that I am aware of is people speculating.

I'll let you know in 34 days when we board her!

lol....well, i'm important! lol

but of course we all know when you call in you can talk to 5 different reps and get 5 different answers. But the rep told me waterworks was on the ship or would be. I actually made a note of it when i was taking the information down. I hope it does have waterworks as I am taking my 6 yr. old and he is looking forward to it. I would honestly have to reconsider this cruise if it does not have waterworks.

Archived