Need ideas on how to surprise one w a cruise

Pjsgal

Just to clear it up, it's my fiancee, not friend. And he will not be paying anything

Thanks for that. I had originally assumed--I know, shouldn't do that--that DF was for dear fiance, but I wasn't sure and others had used "friend." In that case, you obviously know what will suit him, what his tastes are, and whether he would choose that cruise. Wonderful.

I'm so glad you decided to tell him on his birthday. That way, he gets a great gift and you both get the pleasure of planning and anticipation. (I only mentioned the "paying" part to address another post that included the possibility. It's hard for me to imagine anyone surprising someone, friend or relative, spouse or not, with a cruise and then saying, "Oh, and you'll need to pay for it..." Because you had said it was a surprise for a gift, I figured you would be covering the costs.)

Have a wonderful time!:)

beachchick

We just surprised our almost 30 yr old son with a Birthday Cruise in December. I blew up a balloon and wrote on it, Happy Birthday and the details. We also gave him the option to invite the friend of his choice and that person must pay their airfare/alcohol/shore excursions, so I put that some restrictions apply on the balloon. He blew up the balloon and read the writing. Now there are 4 of us going to San Juan and his friend is delighted too! Only paying her airfare was great for her!

Have a great trip.

Myra

A little advance notice is good.

My SIL was surprised with a birthday transatlantic cruise home from Europe.

Wonderful trip, but she found out about it when they arrived at the dock with their suitcases.

She had one sundress to wear to all the formal nights on Cunard.

Archived