FCC question

jenale80

I am possibly looking into booking 2 cruises next year one in August and one in October. I currently have 1 Future Cruise Credit... I would like to use on the August cruise, then while on my August cruise pick up another FCC for the October cruise.

If the October cruise is already booked and deposit paid.... would I be able to apply a FCC to the balance a month before the cruise date?

You say you have one FCC.. read the terms on the bottom on the back. One of them says it cannot be applied to a already booked cruise (unless you have the really old FCCs).

No one can say they will bend the rules and accept a newly bought FCC and let you apply it to a already booked cruise. (though true .. they might allow it, as they sometimes have in the past .. sometimes not).

You can buy one and hope they will allow it .. but I would use the FCC for the cruise that it helps out with the most.. for instance if one is a 5 day and one a 7 day, apply it to the 7 day.

read the terms on the back of the FCC you now have.

Yeah I thought I read those terms somewhere before, couldn't remember where. Didn't bother researching as I thought I would get a direct answer here. Didn't even occur to me to look at the actual certificate.

Anyhow, think I got the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

I have used them a couple of times on already booked cruises, that being said, the certificate says you can not to it. All you can do is try. I'd go ahead, purchase one on the Aug cruise & try to use it on the Oct cruise. If they turn it down, then you will just have to book another cruise so you can use it.

This really confuses me :o. If you can't use it on a pre-booked cruise, how do they apply it? I mean, then you have no cruise. :confused:

You purchase the certificate, then book a cruise. Once you have your reservation # you can submit a form via e-mail with all your cruise info & certificate # to Carnival. This e-mail method is new. Use to be you had to mail the certificate via certified mail. Since the certificate has the purchase date on it, Carnival could tell if you had purchased the FCC before or after you booked your cruise.

I have used them a couple of times on already booked cruises, that being said, the certificate says you can not to it. All you can do is try. I'd go ahead, purchase one on the Aug cruise & try to use it on the Oct cruise. If they turn it down, then you will just have to book another cruise so you can use it.

That is a great thought :)

You purchase the certificate, then book a cruise. Once you have your reservation # you can submit a form via e-mail with all your cruise info & certificate # to Carnival. This e-mail method is new. Use to be you had to mail the certificate via certified mail. Since the certificate has the purchase date on it, Carnival could tell if you had purchased the FCC before or after you booked your cruise.

AND this is great information, thank you for the post.

If i buy one on my Oct cruise and end up doing a solo cruise, do I still get 100 OBC?

Yes, you get the full OBC, but it depends on the length of the cruise. $100 OBC yes, if its a 7 day.

Can someone tell me the advantage of FCC.

Is it just the $100 OBC or reduced deposit?

I'm confused.....:o

there is no reduced deposit.

again the OBC is the benefit, but the amount depends on the length of the cruise. $50 for 3/4/5 days, 6 days is $75 OBC, 7 days is $100 OBC, 12 days and up is $200 OBC.

Can someone tell me the advantage of FCC.

Is it just the $100 OBC or reduced deposit?

I'm confused.....:o

The $100 that you paid for the FCC is applied to the balance owed on your cruise. Then you receive $100 OBC on top of that so you've doubled your money if on a 7 or 8 day cruise.

Archived