Question re cruising while pregnant

lilfish7

My DH, parents and I are cruising on the Sapphire 10/1. I'll be 14 weeks pregnant when we sail. My DR has already ok'd the trip. I know I need a DR's letter with my EDD etc.

My question is, does my DR need to fax it or will it be okay to bring the letter with me and present at check in?

Even though I wont be that far a long (or showing much), I'd hate to get to the port and some how be denied.

TIA

From the Princess website......

Pregnant women are not allowed to sail if they are entering the 24th week of their pregnancy by the last day of the cruise.

All pregnant women, in their second trimester, are required to produce a physician’s letter stating that mother and baby are in good health, fit to travel and the pregnancy is not high-risk. The letter must also include the estimated date of delivery (EDD) calculated from both Last Menstrual Period (LMP) and ultrasound (if performed).

We strongly recommend you review your health insurance coverage before cruising. Many policies, including Medicare, will not pay for services or hospitalization outside of the country or for emergency evacuation.

You may want to consider Princess Vacation Protection to protect your vacation investment – which is available for purchase up to the time of final payment of your cruise fare. If you did not secure Princess Vacation Protection, we recommend you secure other travel protection.

Thank you! We obviously booked this cruise in advance, and are thrilled I'll be able to still get away and relax!!

I think I'm most excited about how "low" our bar bill will be since only DH will be partaking...ha! :)

with the money you save on drinks, you can shop!

• 2 weeks later...
I was about 4 and a half months along when I went on a cruise (maybe the reason why my daughter doesn't suffer from sea sickness:)) and it was very relaxing. I wasn't the only one in a maternity bathing suit by the pool' date=' either. Have lots of fun![/quote']

Hey Cruisin' we are actually postponing trying now for our first simply because of our upcoming trip in January!! I would hate to be in the first trimester SICK on board the cruise OR worse, be during "that time" :eek:

Thoughts? Thanks ;)

Archived