Liberty of the Sea Toulon or La Seyne Sur-Mer

ALBAR

• 3 months later...
I will be sailing on Liberty of the sea on Sept 24th. Does anyone know if the ship actually docks in Toulon or La Seyne Sur-Mer? I understand they are a distance apart.

I just came across your inquiry after searching for an answer to the same question. Did you sail last September? I am scheduled for this September (departing Toulon) and I can't find any info on the exact location of the Toulon departure port. I emailed RCI to inquire, but maybe you have already found an answer?

As I recall, there wasn't any sort of boarding facility at La Seyne sur Mer. I spent a few anxious hours on my 10/10 Voyager cruise being worried that my son and his wife (who live in France) wouldn't be able to get in the port area to pick us up. Turned out that we just wandered off the ship, down the entrance way and waited for them by the road.

I am boarding in Toulon (or so the itinerary says) and will be coming down from Paris the day beforehand. If I take the high speed rail to Toulon from Paris, I wonder how to know which TGV train station is closest to the Toulon port? Is anyone familiar with this? I am hoping to select the appropriate station and then select a hotel nearby.

When we made our port call in Toulon, we had plenty to do. Booked an RCCL excursion that visited Sanary-s-mer, Marsaille and Cassis in that order. A tour that we do again. If your cruise visits Toulon, check it out.

Rick and Deirdra

I am boarding in Toulon (or so the itinerary says) and will be coming down from Paris the day beforehand. If I take the high speed rail to Toulon from Paris, I wonder how to know which TGV train station is closest to the Toulon port? Is anyone familiar with this? I am hoping to select the appropriate station and then select a hotel nearby.

Here is a link to a Toulon/Marsaille map. It shows the railway line. Click on the border to move North, East, South or West. This may be of some help.

http://www.beyond.fr/map/map2r13.html

R&D

• 1 month later...

I am considering making the same plans. I wonder if you have any updated information on this? Also, do you have a hotel in Toulon for a one night stay? Any information you have on travel from Paris to Toulon, cruise port and hotel would be greatly appreciated.

Brooklyn Girl

I am considering making the same plans. I wonder if you have any updated information on this? Also, do you have a hotel in Toulon for a one night stay? Any information you have on travel from Paris to Toulon, cruise port and hotel would be greatly appreciated.

Brooklyn Girl

This Trip Advisor posting offers some good information on our TGV options:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k5079074-Paris_to_Toulon_via_TGV_Which_train_stations-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

In summary, yes, we can take a direct TVG train from Paris to Toulon and the site recommended for booking is http://www.tgv-europe.com/en/

Since the cruise port is in La Seyne Sur Mer instead of Toulon, we’ll have to find transportation across the bay. I am thinking maybe a taxi?

Regarding the Cruise Port Address, here is the email reply I received from Royal Caribbean:

“The address for the Port of Provence (Toulon) is as follows:

Port of Provence (Toulon), France

Môle d’armement, Marépolis.

Corniche Philippe Giovanini.

83500 La Seyne sur Mer

Kindly note that berthing conflicts, at time of docking, will determine exactly which pier the ship will dock.”

Through an online search, I found the following hotel, which is right next to the Toulon train station:

http://www.grandhotelgare.com/en/

:)

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring this thread back up.

I am departing from Taxi from Port of La Seyne Sur Mer (Toulon) on the 3rd June and will arrive in the morning into Toulon train station. It seems the port is a fair way away from the train station. Does anyone know if there is a bus from outside the train station to the port? Or would I best best getting a taxi?

• 4 months later...
On our recent western med cruise this past August on the Liberty we docked in Toulon..on a Sunday..not much to do !!!

Hi we go next week, n have booked a character brekkie tat day but dont know if to canx n do the 2 hour morn trip with rci or just wander in on our own steam weare there on a sundaytoo

• 8 months later...
Sorry to bring this thread back up.

I am departing from Taxi from Port of La Seyne Sur Mer (Toulon) on the 3rd June and will arrive in the morning into Toulon train station. It seems the port is a fair way away from the train station. Does anyone know if there is a bus from outside the train station to the port? Or would I best best getting a taxi?

Hi i am on the same cruise. coming into toulon the day before. i found out there is a bus to la seyne sur mer, but i am the same is not very clear on where the port is . i am arranging my own meet n mingle in the library on the 3rd at 5.15pm if you fancy joining us ?

Wendy from Scotland:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I'm due to embark at this port Monday week. We have organised a airport pick up with the cruise company so I'm assuming this will bring us right up to check in. I will ring royal Caribbean tomorrow to double check this. Anyone who embarked here know if this is what happens its just I'm travellng with my elderly mom and two same children

Archived