Park Royal

crewsin250

Greetings, we just returned from 5 days on Liberty of the Seas. During our day in Cozumel we purchased all inclusive day passes to the Park Royal Cozumel. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the International cruise port. Despite trying to purchase the passes in advance, I was unable to confirm anything with hotel staff (when I called they said to just buy them at the front desk) until we arrived. Once we did, there was no problem. The passes were $40 U.S. for adults and $20 for children. The passes gave you access to all the recreational activities, three swimming pools, all-inclusive food and drinks (a nice lunch buffet was available and a number of bars, including swim-up bars), and an hour of free snorkeling gear.

The beach was small but worked fine for our kids. The snorkeling right off the beach was excellent. I saw hundreds of fish. The food and drinks were fine. All in all this was a great way to spend a day in Cozumel. Our kids who are under 10 are still a bit young to fully appreciate any cultural excursions so having a relaxing day was a great alternative. I would recommend this property.

thanks for the new info...anyone take a taxi from punta maya? rates $$ ?

we'll be on the Elation

Edited by Kajunswty

thanks for the new info...anyone take a taxi from punta maya? rates $$ ?

we'll be on the Elation

I am not sure a taxi would be necessary, but if you do require one it will probably be $8, minimum charge for up to 4 people.

I am not sure a taxi would be necessary, but if you do require one it will probably be $8, minimum charge for up to 4 people.

Perfect! Thanks :) if my husband were coming with us we'd walk but bring it's me, my 19 y/o daughter & a 7 y/o the safest route is a taxi

So glad I found this thread I had planned to book thru resortforaday. This resort looks much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Newbie here....Can you find out in advance what ports you will be docking at, at each port of call?:confused:

Thanks Lisa

yes Lisa

http://ships.cruisett.com/

just choose your ship...then the month of your sailing...whoops thats to see how many ships are in port

the info you want is online but you have to search for each port. for instance heres the one for cozumel

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CruiseShips

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi All ... Those of you who have been recently to Park Royale, is it still $40 per person? Will be in Cozumel on May 2. Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gina

Anybody been here recently? Is it still offered? What is the current fee? We will be in port December 11, 2015.

• 1 year later...
What's the best way to walk there from the carnival port?

Exit the port onto main road. Take the main road left, towards International pier and town. Pass international pier and El Cid and the lobby for Park Royal is on the opposite side of the road a little further on.

Purchase your pass in the lobby. The Park Royal property is split in half, either side of the road, with a tunnel underpass under the road linking the two halves.

(There us a kiosk on the ocean side of the road selling passes at a reduced rate but I suspect they are timeshare agents?)

Edited by c-leg5

• 1 month later...
Anybody been here recently? Is it still offered? What is the current fee? We will be in port December 11, 2015.

We'll be in port November 2017. I wrote the resort and they replied: The Day Pass is subject to availability upon arrival date. From 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM $50.00USD per person, per day.

I'm a little concerned about availability tho. I would hate to waste my time going there and being turned away. :rolleyes:

We'll be in port November 2017. I wrote the resort and they replied: The Day Pass is subject to availability upon arrival date. From 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM $50.00USD per person, per day.

I'm a little concerned about availability tho. I would hate to waste my time going there and being turned away. :rolleyes:

They do not sell passes in advance. It probably depends on number of hotel guests booked.

If you are docking at International or Puerta Maya it is only a few minutes walk and if you can't get a pass it is easy enough to get a taxi to one of the beach clubs either from the lobby, or probably cheaper if you go out onto the road. Just have a back up plan in mind before you go.