Crown Princess Suite D737 Question

cruisedad2

We sailed in D736 on the Caribbean Princess and loved it! This cabin is the same as D737 only it's on the other side of the ship. There is a beam on the balcony, but it's off to the side and wasn't really an issue for us because the balcony is very large. We love the aft facing cabins and the wonderful view of the wake. It's very quiet, and there's not much foot traffic in the hallway. There is only access to one other aft cabin in the hallway. It's not a thru hallway. There is plenty of closet and storage space in the cabin. We were on a 14-day sailing, and we had storage space that we never even used. The bathroom is huge with a whirlpool tub and separate glass-enclosed shower. The toilet and vanity are in a separate area from the tub and shower. The only complaint was that there were no shelves on the sides of the vanity in the bathroom. We had to keep toiletries on the vanity. We had very smooth sailing, so that worked out OK. I hope you enjoy the cabin as much as we did!

We have D737 booked for Christmas on the Crown and on the Star for one in 2013 because we were in D737 on the Grand last Thanksgiving and loved it. The room is a little smaller than the PH suites. We have had a desk next to the couch in the PH's but not in the aft suites. I do miss it and wish there was room for it.

The beam didn't really bother us but we did have some smells every once in a while. And you do hear them docking - would wake us up. The ship really rocks back there so it took me days to get use to it - NO I guess I never did. Didn't bother DH at all. It is a fully covered balcony so hardly any sun comes in - you needed to sit right next to the railing - that's the main thing we weren't happy with.

The hallway is nice with so few cabins BUT there is a crew door to the stairway and everyone that used it just let it slam and that started with early morning room service. I'm not sure what will happen during our Christmas cruise. They left the doors open and told people to use them for the muster drill - I'm afraid the kids will discover the stairs and be running up and down them with the door slamming everytime.

It is a really long walk to everything - need to leave earlier than normal.

We loved watching the wake - so you see where we have been - nothing else. I did miss seeing us come into a port. It is the corner cabin BUT that stairway is in the corner so you can't look around the corner to see anything.

The thing we liked was the larger than normal balcony.

Archived