Miracle Coast Guard Medivac 9/11

HarpHarp

After a spectacular sail past Ground Zero, they had more excitement.

http://www.cgvi.uscg.mil/media/main.php?g2_itemId=1403445

Portsmouth--The Coast Guard medevaced a passenger off the cruise ship Carnival Miracle in the Chesapeake Bay on Monday.

A crewmember aboard the Miracle contacted the Coast Guard base in Delaware Bay around 6 a.m. and said there was a 74-year-old man aboard experiencing breathing problems and in need of a medevac.

The Coast Guard launched a MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City to rendezvous with the ship.

The helicopter took the man and the ship’s physician to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital around 11am.

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone please tell me if the Miracle still went to Bermuda on this sailing, in spite of Maria?

Yes we did! The seas were a little rough going down...we had a perfect day Wednesday, and then Maria hit Thursday, leaving us with tremendous heat and humidity on Friday! It was a great cruise, except of course for those that got sick. There was the medivac, as well as a woman taken off just before we left Bermuda.

Yes we did! The seas were a little rough going down...we had a perfect day Wednesday, and then Maria hit Thursday, leaving us with tremendous heat and humidity on Friday! It was a great cruise, except of course for those that got sick. There was the medivac, as well as a woman taken off just before we left Bermuda.

Thank you...so Wednesday was nice, Thursday rainy and Friday hot as heck?

kudos to the Coast Guard....had to add my 2 cents as my daughter is stationed in Ohio in the Coast Guard....you usually dont hear much about the coasties but they do an awful lot to protect our country. I hope this gentleman is o.k.

After a spectacular sail past Ground Zero, they had more excitement.

http://www.cgvi.uscg.mil/media/main.php?g2_itemId=1403445

Portsmouth--The Coast Guard medevaced a passenger off the cruise ship Carnival Miracle in the Chesapeake Bay on Monday.

A crewmember aboard the Miracle contacted the Coast Guard base in Delaware Bay around 6 a.m. and said there was a 74-year-old man aboard experiencing breathing problems and in need of a medevac.

The Coast Guard launched a MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City to rendezvous with the ship.

The helicopter took the man and the ship’s physician to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital around 11am.

I'm just wondering if anyone on board were able to get any pictures of the Medivac? Great job to the US Coast Guard.

I'm just wondering if anyone on board were able to get any pictures of the Medivac? Great job to the US Coast Guard.

Ask and you shall receive..... They woke us up early with an announcement from the CD. The announcement went into all cabins and not just the public areas. They told us about the emergency and said that a helicopter would be there in about 10 minutes. They said they were clearing out the area on the back of the Lido. We were in an Aft Wrap Suite on Deck 4 . These was taken from there. They lowered a man down to the deck, then the basket and finally drew them both back up. The ship slowed down a bit, but did not come close to stopping.

262.jpg

263.jpg

265.jpg

It was a pretty quick process and they were gone soon after.

Archived