Moving from Emerald to Diamond

dmdicato

You don't have to wait for your status to change to book a cruise if you want to get the discount. I had a couple of cruises booked when I changed status from platinum to diamond (pre-emerald implementation). When I completed my cruise for diamond status, I called C&A and they were able to change the platinum balcony discount to the diamond amount. It only took a few minutes. If working with a TA, just notify the TA and s/he should be able to contact C&A and have the appropriate discount applied.

We will be on the Majesty and board as Emerald. After that short 4 day cruise we will be Diamond. The following day we board the Oasis. Now my question is, how do we get our diamond discount on our balcony on the Oasis? They already gave us our emerald discount.

Judi :)

We will be on the Majesty and board as Emerald. After that short 4 day cruise we will be Diamond. The following day we board the Oasis. Now my question is, how do we get our diamond discount on our balcony on the Oasis? They already gave us our emerald discount.

Judi :)

I would call Crown & Anchor (1-800-526-9723) and ask them. Then you will know for sure if and how to go about doing it. Hope this helps.

We turned Diamond in the middle of a B2B on the Freedom. I was amazed the loyalty ambassador was aware of it. We received the diamond coupon books and such without asking, but it did take a bit of running around to get our sea pass cards reissued with diamond status.

Even though your status doesn't show up on the website for weeks, RCCL records are real time. I would call the C&A desk to discuss your discount on the 2nd leg. If that doesn't work, meet up with the Loyalty Ambassador on ship. I would think worse case you should get OBC. Just tell the LA you want to apply it to your next cruise, and I'll bet they'll be happy to make it work :).

Archived