Champagne in the cabin

Winterstale

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Wine+Cellar&ccat=Champagne

This is what is says on the website:

To add to cart, please enter booking number and stateroom number. If you do not have this information, please call the Bon Voyage Department to place an order over the phone. Orders are taken Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST by calling our toll free number at 1-800-522-7648. International users should call 1-305-599-2600.

i have a dumb question. i ordered a bottle of champagne to be delivered to my room only - ive never opened a bottle of champagne (and its not pretty watching me open a cork bottle of wine. screw top please).

would a room steward do this for me? i would feel so weird asking someone to do this for me!!

i have a dumb question. i ordered a bottle of champagne to be delivered to my room only - ive never opened a bottle of champagne (and its not pretty watching me open a cork bottle of wine. screw top please).

would a room steward do this for me? i would feel so weird asking someone to do this for me!!

I'm sure they wouldn't mind~~ If you wanted you could leave them a tip that night for doing it. Just put a $5 bill on the table with a note saying thank you~otherwise they probably won't take it!

I just was on the Legend and couldn't get the cork out of the champagne. (I'd hurt my thumb 2 days before the cruise.) I went down the hall and asked 2 stewards if they could help me. One reached for a corkscrew. "No, that won't work. You just need to push the cork out." He pointed it right in the face of the other guy and started pushing. I told him not to do that, it will blow up and hurt the guy. So he pointed it away and pushed the cork out. Thank goodness it didn't spill out. It was obvious neither of them had done that before.

I think up to a week out -- sometimes even closer -- I don't know if there's a really strict policy.

On the opening champagne topic....here's an easy way. First, remove the foil and the cage over the top -- keeping it always pointed away from you and hopefully not pointed towards anything fragile, including people :D

Grab a face cloth and put it over the cork. Slowly and gently begin to turn the cork and the bottle at the same time -- great way to ease the cork out, you still get that "pop!" and you're good to go.

If you are sailing out of Galveston you will not receive the Champagne in the room at embarkation. Due to Texas liquor laws they cannot deliver it while in port. You will get a notice of the gift on the desk and they will bring it to the cabin on Day 2. If you want it the first day have them send it to the dining room. They will open it for you and you can have a few glasses, recork it and take it back to your room. The room steward will help you keep it on ice.

Archived