Eye Infections on Allure

bklynangel

Here's what I read in the OP

- Eye infections are miserable

- Eye infections are communicable diseases

- Everyone needs to be careful on cruise ships for any type of communicable disease

I'll agree with that 100% and appreciate the reminder. If some of the details are a bit confused, it doesn't change the basic message.

It might have been better for the OP to use your summary and leave it at that.

most of the time, us inocent people catch this from ignorant people like the ones on here who have so much to say:p

Have you considered, for a moment, that perhaps YOU and your husband have spread this infection on to others while on your cruise...and since then?

Absolutely no one is happy you are ill, and we all wish you a speedy recovery. I think the issue many of us are uneasy with is your seeming to point fingers to some anonymous evil person who gave this to you, like they did something wrong or on purpose. Nearly everyone alive has caught some virus or bacteria from someone else, it is the nature of living. You are not any more an innocent victim than anyone else who has picked up a virus by chance, and then spread it to someone else. That's life.

And another point...about blaming the ship for running out of hand sanitizer. There is much literature out there that points to the use of hand sanitizers and the increase in infections that are resistant to normal antibiotics. It might be one reason why your eye infection is as bad as it is.

I think everyone has made their point and I think it's about time this thread is closed by the mods.

Seems to be no value keeping it open any longer.

Did you use the "triangle alert" then? That's the quickest way to get their attention on a specific thread because the e-mail goes right to them with the link to this thread embedded in it.

Archived