Balcony Behaviour

CHOPPERTESTER

Now that smoking has been banned from balconies (sailings departing 15 Jan 2012 and later), what other behaviours would you like to see banned?

I'll start with those that leave the balcony lights on when not in use.

What cruise line has changed their policy on smoking on the balconies? The only recent change in the smoking policy on some cruise lines has been no smoking in the rooms. Those cruise lines, to name one is Carnival, still allow smoking on the balconies, except spa balconies that never allowed smoking.

What cruise line has changed their policy on smoking on the balconies? The only recent change in the smoking policy on some cruise lines has been no smoking in the rooms. Those cruise lines, to name one is Carnival, still allow smoking on the balconies, except spa balconies that never allowed smoking.

Princess has changed the policy on their ships. No smoking in cabins or on balconies.

I had started this post on the Princess board but they moved it within minutes of it being created. Seems the Princess board moderators felt this was better on the Ask a cruise Question board. I guess this makes sense. I should have posted it here to start.

I think they moved it because if you look at your quote on my posting it does not say Princess, you edited to add it after posting. Maybe now that you specify Princess they might move it back to the Princess boards.

I guess your right. I edited the post and added Princess because a couple of replies later on this board someone asked which cruise line had recently banned smoking on the balcony.

I put it on the Princess board originally since they are the only cruise line that recently banned smoking in the cabins and balcony. HAL and Carnival only banned it in the cabins not the balconies as well.

Ahhh, our last cruise (on Princess), we were on our balcony and my husband turns around and 2 balconies above us is a woman in her bra and half slip. My husband about crapped when she waved and started a conversation with him.

Maybe now that you specify Princess they might move it back to the Princess boards.

Laughed out loud when I read this!!! The moderators on the Princess boards have anything halfway dealing with smoking zapped in a nanosecond!!! No tolerance or freedom of speech tolerated!!:eek::eek::eek:

I have never understood why people sit on their balconies with the light on. The view of the stars and moon light is completely lost with the light on.

Perhaps, but the view of my Kindle is not. Don't the dividers block light from adjoining cabins?

Perhaps, but the view of my Kindle is not. Don't the dividers block light from adjoining cabins?

If you get a lighted cover or reading light for your Kindle then you can enjoy both. BTW, I LOVE my Kindle and was devistated when I dropped and broke the first one. :( I was really lost until the replacement arrived.

I don't have a problem with balcony lights, I close the curtains. Bathing suits tied to the back of a chair and out of sight....no problem. Snorkel gear laid low on the deck....not and issue with me. Loud cell phone calls in port...anoying. Loud music from MP3 devices....I don't care to listen to their music.

I DO have a problem with balcony light:mad: Unless the black out drapes are closed, the darn light is visible in the cabin from the bed:(

We enjoy the baclony at all hours, night is best with all the stars and leaving the drapes open to wake to the ocean An adjoining cabin light can ruin the entire effect as well as good nights sleep.

I wish the cabins had the system as hotels in Europe - when in the room, place key in slot to activate lights, when gone, take key - lights out:)

Archived