Room Service Menu.

CrusinPaul

Paul,

If it seems like CruiseCritic Silversea-ers are not being as friendly and helpful as usual with this question which you tried asking before, I think I can explain why.

The lunch and dinner menus are printed each day, and it is easy to keep one as a souvenir if you are so inclined. Some people have done that and posted copies now and then on Cruise Critic. At night at turndown a photocopy draft of the next day’s menus is placed on passenger’s beds with the news.

But the other room service menu which you are asking about—the list of items which are available all the time, apart from the daily dinner and lunch menus-- is in a different format. As I recall, it is bound into the little binder near the phone which also contains information about the cabin, safety, phone instructions, etc. So it is not something most of us would have at hand.

Maybe someone does have one—or maybe someone on board can snap a photo.

Otherwise, I’d suggest we help Paul out by telling him one or two things we’ve enjoyed from the off-hours room service menu to give him an idea. That menu is what I would call not fancy or extensive, but satisfying. Isabella Rossellini's simple pasta with tomato sauce is always available.

My favorite thing is the spring rolls. Served with a sweet and sour sauce. It is a large spring roll cut into two pieces. When that’s all I am ordering, the fellow taking my order usually insists that I order two, which makes four pieces.

I seem to remember the room service menu having everything that is on the pool deck menu plus some other things. Now I realize that's not very helpful, but I think you can count on several kinds of hamburgers and hot dogs, a shrimp cocktail in a martini glass, pizza, several kinds of soup, several nice salads and probably creme brulee.

Paul,

If it seems like CruiseCritic Silversea-ers are not being as friendly and helpful as usual with this question which you tried asking before, I think I can explain why.

The lunch and dinner menus are printed each day, and it is easy to keep one as a souvenir if you are so inclined. Some people have done that and posted copies now and then on Cruise Critic. At night at turndown a photocopy draft of the next day’s menus is placed on passenger’s beds with the news.

But the other room service menu which you are asking about—the list of items which are available all the time, apart from the daily dinner and lunch menus-- is in a different format. As I recall, it is bound into the little binder near the phone which also contains information about the cabin, safety, phone instructions, etc. So it is not something most of us would have at hand.

Maybe someone does have one—or maybe someone on board can snap a photo.

Otherwise, I’d suggest we help Paul out by telling him one or two things we’ve enjoyed from the off-hours room service menu to give him an idea. That menu is what I would call not fancy or extensive, but satisfying. Isabella Rossellini's simple pasta with tomato sauce is always available.

My favorite thing is the spring rolls. Served with a sweet and sour sauce. It is a large spring roll cut into two pieces. When that’s all I am ordering, the fellow taking my order usually insists that I order two, which makes four pieces.

Also needs to be noted that, I believe, you can order in room service of the noted entire menus during main dinning room service hours for lunch or dinner respectively.

Yes, I looked at my past blog reports and found the breakfast menu (which is extensive) and restaurant venue menues but not regular room service. They have both American and European style items, both hot and cold.

We have had many items from there. For a long time, there has been a French onion soup and a tomato basil one. I hope those are still there. We also like that spring roll. They've had a nice pasta in the past, and they have a steak. They also have shrimp cocktail. There is pizza, also. You can get a full meal here with a number of nice items even if it is not the regular meal times. Salads, dessert and all.

Archived