Piano Bar/Sing Along FOS

kathyemma

On FOS is there a GOOD paino/sing along bar? We love the fun and packed everyone is singing type of piano bar. The ships do not always seem to have them. Can anyone tell me if they have one on FOS and if the player was good?

Thanks

Kathy

The Piano bar is normally the Schooner Bar, and yes there is one on Freedom, they also have a sing along with a guitar player in the pub on the RP

How good/fun the sing along at the piano bar and pub depend on how good the entertainers are. Some are great, some not. Last month on Freedom I thought the pub guy was fairly good, and the Schooner bar piano guy not. These entertainers rotate thru' different ships so you may have better luck than I did!

Last week on the Freedom, the piano player in the Schooner bar was Patrice. Very nice, decent voice, but not really over the top entertaining. The overly served people in there were more entertaining most nights, but his selection of music was pretty good. I liked the singer in the pub as well. His name was Scott and he played good, classic rock (I guess that's what it would be) everything from Jimmy Buffet to Bob Seger and Tom Petty. He would take requests a lot as well. I'm not sure how often they switch the entertainment though, so you may have a complete different experience :)

Last week on the Freedom, the piano player in the Schooner bar was Patrice. Very nice, decent voice, but not really over the top entertaining. The overly served people in there were more entertaining most nights, but his selection of music was pretty good. I liked the singer in the pub as well. His name was Scott and he played good, classic rock (I guess that's what it would be) everything from Jimmy Buffet to Bob Seger and Tom Petty. He would take requests a lot as well. I'm not sure how often they switch the entertainment though, so you may have a complete different experience :)

They normally switch every 4 - 6 months

They normally switch every 4 - 6 months

Thanks-I knew that the actual staff usually had contracts for that long, but wasn't sure about the entertainment staff. I could have sworn that the Pub singer said he was on for only 8 weeks....but the couple of martini's I had prior to us chatting may have something to do with that.... :p

Oh, and I see you live in Melbourne! We actually stayed there a couple weeks ago instead of right around the port. It's a very nice town and the beaches were beautiful!! Very jealous that you get to see that year round!!!

Hi Kathy- I'm on your roll call and wanted to let you know entertainment ressies opened up.

Very cool! I will have to check them out!!

And to everyone else - thanks for the info! I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that we have a fun one!

Kathy

• 5 months later...

Archived