Stay 123 Reservations

BillyJen

Has anybody ever used "Stay 123 Reservations" for a pre-cruise accomodations with free parking for the lenght of the cruise?

Their rates are so much lower than booking directly with the hotel. I'm thinking he old saying, "If it's too good to be true...." might apply here?

I would not be worried, but Iv been staying in Florida and lastminutetravel has had better deals for flying into the ports where Im staying.

A lot of these port cities have lists if you go to the departure boards for that area, like the florida departure boards and show which hotels have parking etc.

I would not be worried about that site for hotel stays, but you will probably get more response on the departure boards.

WE have also used stay1213.com with no problems very good price. Print what they email you and take it with you. The Sheraton wanted to charge more until we showed them our email from 123stay. However they are only in towns with an airport or pier. Found this out when we tried to get a hotel in western NJ.

• 1 year later...

I will never use reservations 123 again. I booked with them in November 2012 for my cruise in February 2013. I received my confirmation. I called and checked prior to leaving Michigan to ensure everything was on track. Much to my surprise upon arriving at the Tampa airport and calling the Holiday Inn Express I was told that my reservations had a slight problem and the hotel was overbooked because reservations 123 had not reserved my room in time. So they called and made me reservations another hotel. Normally, I would have been fine with this except I was travelling with a group and a special needs child in a wheelchair and the MOTEL that they put us in had no elevators and the only room they had available was on the second floor. I am thoroughly disgusted with Reservations 123. I called them and left an "urgent" message and of course they have not returned my call. NEVER USE THEIR SERVICE!

The OP posted SEPTEMBER 11, 2011. Why did you decide to post here now, 1 1/2+ years after the original poster????????????

First he/she probably did a search for 123Stay. After all we always see posts here that says "do a search first. This has already been discussed."

And, second maybe he/she decided that someone with a special needs child should know of his/her recent experience with this company.

And no I do not know the poster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

We used STAY123 to reserve a room and cruise parking at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore earlier this month. The ~10% deposit hit the credit card lickety split, but after receiving no confirmation email from STAY123 for a few days, I sent off an inquiry email. Again, no reply from STAY123. I was able to go on the STAY123 site and find reservation info without my higher priced king suite request. I subsequently found the complete request at the correct rate on the Hyatt website, but why such a hassle?

Next, the Hyatt did not have a king suite for us and the evening front desk person did not seem to care about accommodating us or a credit. The morning person gave us an instant credit. Both desk people suggested directly contacting the hotel next time. I totally agree.

The room was clean and adequate, but twin beds are no way to start another honeymoon. Airport noise woke me early.

Breakfast was everything we needed. The hotel van shuttle service was quick and uneventful, and the driver was a very pleasant northern American fellow.

Anything but STAY123 ! ! !

• 2 months later...

I am also re-considering my loyalty to stay123.com.

I have used them many times with no issues, typically in Fort Lauderdale.

In February this year, we showed up at our hotel and the hotel had no record of our reservation. I call stay123 they said they would call e back in 15 minutes. They never called. Luckily, the hotel took me as a walk-up, including parking, for close to the same price, so it wasn't the end of the world. Stay123,net had claimed that they cancelled my reservation as the hotel was full. Stay123 made no effort to contact me and tell me that my reservation was cancelled. They have refused to respond to me emails about the situation.

I attempted to make a new reservation for October and they have failed to confirm my reservation and so far have not replied to my emails.

Stay123.com does a kinda weird thing where they send you a reservation number after you make your request. But if you don't wait & look for the actual confirmation, you may assume that you actually have a reservation since you have a reservation numer. That is apparently what happened in February. And if I wasn't playing more close attention this time, it could happen in October also.

So,I don't know if stay123.com just doesn't like me anymore or if their customer service has really gone down hill or if the whole company has gone downhill.

All I can say at this point is: buyer beware. They haven't ripped me off, but they sure haven't been reliable.