Looking for pictures of the Solstice

Boo2

For me, part of my pre-cruise ritual is to find some pictures of our next ship and using them for wallpaper on my computer. It's surprising how difficult this can be sometimes. I have found a few good pictures of the Solstice but most images are either too small or copyright protected.

Can anyone point me toward some wallpaper quality, full ship pictures of the Solstice? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

For me, part of my pre-cruise ritual is to find some pictures of our next ship and using them for wallpaper on my computer. It's surprising how difficult this can be sometimes. I have found a few good pictures of the Solstice but most images are either too small or copyright protected. Can anyone point me toward some wallpaper quality, full ship pictures of the Solstice? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Below are just six of my many Solstice pictures from our mid June cruise in the Med. Don't know if these will work out large enough for your wallpaper purposes on your computer. If you like any of these six in a larger format and/or those from my blog-live posting you can review, let me know your e-mail and size needed. Then, I can shoot them directly to you.

Is this what you are seeking in order to get excited about your upcoming cruise?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now over 39,742 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The Celebrity Solstice is positioned in the Villefranche harbor with this beautiful setting surrounding the ship.:

VillefrancheSolsticeInHarbor.jpg

Here’s a sample of the pools and the activities around this key hub area of the Solstice.:

SolsticeMainPoolGuyWatching.jpg

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas on the Solstice. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design are there as a part of this sparkling ship facility.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

For entertainment in the Solstice Theatre, it was called “Solstice -- The Show” featuring a European-style dance, air acts, music, etc. Very dramatic and interesting as they swing, twirl and soar over the audience and stage. Here is one example of the “air show” put on by the show performers.:

SolsticeAirShowFinalTwo.jpg

This is a view of the library area on the tenth floor that overlooked the central, open core area of the ship. It is a nice-looking area with a quiet reading hideaway.:

SolsticeLibraryView.jpg

When the sun was setting as the Solstice sailed from Rome to Naples, here was the visual on the back lawn on the ship’s top, back level. Dramatic and beautiful!!:

SolsticeSunsetBackLawn.jpg

Below are just six of my many Solstice pictures from our mid June cruise in the Med.

Terry in Ohio, I had looked at your blog and your pictures are fantastic but what I was looking for was full length pictures of the Solstice in port or at sea. The first picture you posted was great and I'm using it as wallpaper right now.

Thanks so much!

Thank you, Royalcruz; your pictures are lovely but they are too small to use as wallpaper. :(

However, there is a lot of interesting info about some of the ports we'll visit and the ship itself so I have bookmarked your site and I'll go back and look at it in more depth later.

Thanks again for your reply.

Pete_coach said:

Gosh, I Googled Celebrity Solstice and clicked on the image tab and there was 398,000 photos to look at.

Yes, of course, that was the first thing I did as well. Not a lot of those pictures were full length shots of the ship and of the ones that were, very few were of the size and quality I needed to use as wallpaper. After going through about 30 pages of photos, I only had a half a dozen that were suitable which is why I turned to cruise critic.

Many of very high quality and resolution. You can filter to small, medium and large photos.

Now THAT was very helpful! I didn't know that you could filter the photos according to size and that made it SO much easier to find what I needed. Thank you so much for that little nugget. :):):)

Hello Boo2

Here is a link to pics of Solstice taken around Turkey, I found a great one of Solstice and Equinox both docked along side each other for my wallpaper.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?mmsi=249409000&photoid=67301#top_photo

Mrs Blue Sky

Mrs. Blue Sky, you must be a mind reader! I've spent a lot of time lately on the Port Everglades webcam which is linked to MarineTraffic.com. When I went there, I found all the great ship pictures but when I searched for the Solstice, I couldn't find it. It didn't show up in the alphabetical listing and when I did a search for it, I got an error message "Current Vessels in Range: No Records Found". I finally realized after I saw your post that I had to search in the "Gallery" tab and not in the "Vessels" tab.

Thank you so much!

Terry in Ohio, I had looked at your blog and your pictures are fantastic but what I was looking for was full length pictures of the Solstice in port or at sea. The first picture you posted was great and I'm using it as wallpaper right now. Thanks so much!

Great photos Terry in Ohio!

Appreciate the nice and kind comments on my pictures, etc. Have four more "full length" pictures for you to consider and play with on your computer. BUT, my Photobucket upload is not working right today. Will post those later for you and anyone finding this to be of interest.

Love the pictures by Ernie!! Super quality and details. Saw them before our sailing and it was very helpful in preparing for our first trip with Celebrity. Wanted to ask if you used a tripod for these? Any other technical tips/secret to share???

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now over 40,130 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Mike/Carol or Terry, do you object if I use one of your pictures of the ship in my blog for my April Transatlantic? Roy

Go for it!!! Just order an extra dessert for me on the ship and enjoy it on my behalf. Sweets are good. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

As per the request, here are four different, added views of the full ship. Two side, one back and the other front. Hopefully, this feeds the "junkie" needs to get excited about your upcoming cruises and to build excitement.

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now over 40,384 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Here are four more views of the Solstice in Europe. First is the ship in the natural harbor area where we tendered at Villefranche. Second, it is docked in Dubrovnik. This is the commercial harbor there, not the historic setting near the old fortress/walled city. Third is the back part of the ship while docked in Venice. Fourth is another shot of the Solstice near Villefranche with the scenic mountains in the background.:

SolsticeFullViewShotSFrance.jpg

SolsticeDubrovHarborShip.jpg

SolsticeFullViewVeniceDocked.jpg

SolsticeFullShot2SoFrance.jpg

As per the request, here are four different, added views of the full ship. Two side, one back and the other front. Hopefully, this feeds the "junkie" needs to get excited about your upcoming cruises and to build excitement.

Thanks so much, Terry! These are great. :)

Archived