5 person balcony cabin, does Magic NOT have them???

jenale80

I have never booked for 5 people, until recently. I was able to book a balcony room on the Triumph. I assume the room will consist of the king bed, 2 upppers and sofa??? OR is it a king bed, 1 upper, sofa bed, and trundle? Please let me know what your cabin sleeping set up was if you have ever cruised with 5 in a balcony room.

Also when I try to view cruises for a 5 person cabin on the Magic.... the only option it gives me is for an OceanView room. Does that mean that the Magic does not accommodate/offer 5 person balcony rooms or interiors???

The quad on Triumph will have a rollaway (or a trundle bed on the ground). Only older ships built before year 2000 were grandfathered in.. so you will be squishing 5 into a quad on Triumph. One small bath. 185 s.f. if its a standard balcony. I hope you have looked at some of the pictures of how 5 in a quad will sleep on Triumph before deciding. (and that your children are small, the trundle bed is not exactly full sized).

Magic only has the special family OVs, that hold 5, and they will have a split bath.

No balconys hold 5 on Magic.

I have never booked for 5 people, until recently. I was able to book a balcony room on the Triumph. I assume the room will consist of the king bed, 2 upppers and sofa??? OR is it a king bed, 1 upper, sofa bed, and trundle? Please let me know what your cabin sleeping set up was if you have ever cruised with 5 in a balcony room.

Also when I try to view cruises for a 5 person cabin on the Magic.... the only option it gives me is for an OceanView room. Does that mean that the Magic does not accommodate/offer 5 person balcony rooms or interiors???

That's correct... no interiors or balcony cabins are for configured for 5.

:)

... and you dont actually have a king bed, its two twins that can be pushed together. With 5 in a cabin .. thats going to really be hard on triumph. OVs are larger inside, 220 s.f., but the balconys are 185 s.f. plus 35 s.f. balcony .. so expect to step over each other at night.

If Serene was here, she would tell you to just be organized it can be done.

This trip will consist of 3 adults and 2 kids,3 & 8, they have been known to share a twin size bed at home or the 3 year old crashing in the king with Mom & Dad. Figured we would only make use of the upper the king bed (2 twins pushed togehter) and the sofa twin.

Just wondered how Carnival typically sets up the room for a group of 5, that would need all five separate beds.

I saw that the Oceanviews are larger, but we must have the balcony. Its my parents first cruise and I have been raving about how much I enjoyed our balcony on our last cruise!

Yes I have the same issue...2 adults 3 kids under 7. None of the newer ships sleep 5 except the ocean views..not even the grand suites. I know you can get connecting balcony rooms but not sure if they will open the dividers anymore..

Iv seen pictures, and since they are young children, I think you will be fine. I think its a little close for 5 adults who are not related, but all one family I think can work easier.

Well maybe either get two connecting balconys, or do Triumph again?

Yeah I think we will be fine, I don't mind living in tight quarters with my parents and boys for 5 days. I don't think my parents will mind (these are the same people that made our family of 4, including 2 teenagers:eek:, live in our family RV for 6 months after my Dad retired from the service, to save money for our big move to our final home :)).

Initially we planned on getting 2 balconies, then DH dropped out, so that left me and my parents with my 2 boys. I figured I could save money by bunking with my parents and then I can take another cruise with DH a couple months later :D:D:D

With a family of 5 we just suck it up and get adjoining rooms. Who knew that third child would be so expensive lol!

LOL... that is so true!

Wonder why they don't offer the 5 person balcony on the newer ships? I think if they had the room with the two floor twins, two uppers and the sofa, that would be perfect!

Anyhow, I suppose when its our turn to sail on the Magic, we will just have to go with our family of 4:).

Wonder why they don't offer the 5 person balcony on the newer ships? I think if they had the room with the two floor twins, two uppers and the sofa, that would be perfect!

Anyhow, I suppose when its our turn to sail on the Magic, we will just have to go with our family of 4:).

See my explanation above.. the older ships were grandfathered in and with a rollaway can hold 5 in a 4 pax cabin ... Carnival has never built 5 pax cabins until these on Dream and Magic. There isnt room for Carnival to put a 5th bed into standard balconys, other than the fold away at night concept.. there is no room for the extra bed.

These are the very first cabins for 5 that Carnival has ever built. Even with these that are a little larger, if you put the beds together as a king, from what Iv read, you cant put the ladder up to the top bunk. OVs are larger, so there is space for a 5th bed. Thats why OVs and not balconys.. cant put a permanent 5th bed in such a small cabin.

Here is a thumbnail of the quints on Dream .. brand new to Carnival. click on it to enlarge

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3018.jpg.a83b4cb7d5143812eaf360366dcfaa59.jpg

I would assume that there is not a lot of call for them, and forcing people to get two balconies instead of one makes way more money for the company.

If I'm not mistaken, the two Captain's Suites on Liberty and Valor hold 5.

Kinda spendy....but a nice cabin!

thats true .. were they added later? I didnt think they were originally built with the ship.

I know RCL has some family suites too .. very expensive. cheaper to book two cabins.

With teenagers we always get a balcony and inside. Two rooms make a huge difference and we usually end up paying only about an additional $50 at most. Very well worth it for us- two bathrooms, more storage, fewer people stumbling around in the night. We get a room key so that we can wake them up (in the dark they would sleep away the entire vacation I think).

With teenagers we always get a balcony and inside. Two rooms make a huge difference and we usually end up paying only about an additional $50 at most. Very well worth it for us- two bathrooms, more storage, fewer people stumbling around in the night. We get a room key so that we can wake them up (in the dark they would sleep away the entire vacation I think). Even with young children I'd consider it. Since you are not going to have any privacy anyway, put one adult in with the kids and enjoy the additional space. Everyone can use the balcony anyway. And should you be joint owners of stock- put one owner in each room and get double the OBC.

We sailed last December in an OV on the Triumph with 5. 2 adults, 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 2. Worked very well for us as there was plenty of room for the youngest to sleep with us in the two twins pushed together. The older two kids were fine with the bunks because they didn't have to sleep together! :p We've been looking at different ports and ships and have run into the same problem in finding rooms that will fit 5. Adjoining rooms would work but we have to stick to ports that are close enough to drive to, airfare for a family of 5 gets outrageous! Yep, that 3rd child gets REALLY expensive! :eek:

thats true .. were they added later? I didnt think they were originally built with the ship.

I know RCL has some family suites too .. very expensive. cheaper to book two cabins.

Yes, they were added later.

Liberty was first, then Valor.

We sailed last December in an OV on the Triumph with 5. 2 adults' date=' 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 2. Worked very well for us as there was plenty of room for the youngest to sleep with us in the two twins pushed together. The older two kids were fine with the bunks because they didn't have to sleep together! :p We've been looking at different ports and ships and have run into the same problem in finding rooms that will fit 5. Adjoining rooms would work but we have to stick to ports that are close enough to drive to, airfare for a family of 5 gets outrageous! Yep, that 3rd child gets REALLY expensive! :eek:[/quote']

For airfare be sure to check the airline websites directly under their specials....I just found tickets for 5 round trip from ATL to MIA this October for $537 including tax..dropped from $1200 a few weeks ago..

Archived