Single sofa bed and single convertible sofa

Ramrac

It's more like a 'single' bed - if you have seen pics of the cabin and the 'orange' sofa - they simply take off the back cushions and put on sheets, pillows, etc and it 'becomes' a twin bed.... (if you are looking at one of the larger suites I believe there is a bed as well as a 'real' convertible sofa bed - eg. pullout sofa bed that is more typical of what we know).

What is the difference between a single sofa bed and a single convertible sofa?

Thanks!

I'll let you know how it feels. I will be sailing on the 25th and will be sleeping on the sofa bed. I like a firm materess, so I think I will be ok.

I still might ask for a bed topper.

Here is a regular sofa bed. The one in Froufie's picture is actually one of the smaller sofas, which the steward made up into a sofa bed. That ship allows for rollaways for an extra person, but it looks like they just used the small sofa for a bed instead, which is a better option if it's for a kid. A regular sofa bed, like in my picture here, is longer (pretty much the same size as a regular bed). It works great for a kid or an adult. I've slept in one on two ships, and in both cases, they felt just the same (as far as soft/firmness) as the regular beds that were in the respective rooms. On Conquest, the sofa bed was soft and very comfy, exactly like the regular beds. On Miracle, the sofa bed was literally hard as a rock and very uncomfortable, but so were the regular beds. If the deck plans are saying the room has a single sofa bed, it will look like the one in my picture. The back cushions of the sofa are removed.

P1050435.jpg

I'm 33 and I ended up sleeping on the sofa bed pretty much the whole time on our 9 day Spirit cruise (the kids always got in bed with my DH) and I was perfectly comfortable the whole time. It's a very comfortable bed...much better than any pull-out sofabed :)

Here is a regular sofa bed. The one in Froufie's picture is actually one of the smaller sofas, which the steward made up into a sofa bed. That ship allows for rollaways for an extra person, but it looks like they just used the small sofa for a bed instead, which is a better option if it's for a kid. A regular sofa bed, like in my picture here, is longer (pretty much the same size as a regular bed). It works great for a kid or an adult. I've slept in one on two ships, and in both cases, they felt just the same (as far as soft/firmness) as the regular beds that were in the respective rooms. On Conquest, the sofa bed was soft and very comfy, exactly like the regular beds. On Miracle, the sofa bed was literally hard as a rock and very uncomfortable, but so were the regular beds. If the deck plans are saying the room has a single sofa bed, it will look like the one in my picture. The back cushions of the sofa are removed.

P1050435.jpg

Yes, this is the size we had on the Legend - a regular sized bed. I thought the first picture looked awfully small! plus they remove the back cushion and take it away.

Do they remove the bedding in the morning so that we can use it as a sofa during the day, or will they keep it made up as a bed the whole cruise?

you tell the steward what you want. SInce we had a child with us that sometimes needed naps-- we told him to leave it as a bed.

Do they remove the bedding in the morning so that we can use it as a sofa during the day, or will they keep it made up as a bed the whole cruise?

With our experience, if we tell the steward nothing, they will leave it made up as a bed during the day as well. Same with the upper bunks. They leave the bunks down during the day, rather than folding them back into the ceiling/wall. If you prefer them to change it back & forth, you will need to let them know.

• 1 year later...

Archived