Galveston - Priceline

sylent

Anyone recently done the name your own price for Galveston? What did you get?

I am thinking if you choose the area and 3 stars, that there are only a few possible hotels you can get.

I did Priceline last week for a 3* and ended with the Baymont Inn & Suites. Reviews are mostly terrible. I'm going with an open mind. My reservation was for Nov 11 - 14.

Joanne

I just used Priceline myself. I know it's a bit off...but I actually found a place in Kemah, TX. I searched fora 3 star...there are only two....one is directly on the boardwalk and the other is a new Holiday Inn Express within walking distance.

Kemah is only about 25 mins from Galveston and the boardwalk looks like something fun and interesting to do the day before the cruise.

Check it out...I think it's a good option.

I did Priceline last week for a 3* and ended with the Baymont Inn & Suites. Reviews are mostly terrible. I'm going with an open mind. My reservation was for Nov 11 - 14.

Joanne

We stayed at the Baymont Inn last May and had a wonderful time. The facilities were great. They just wouldn't let us check in until 2:00, but that is their rule upfront. I hope you will enjoy it. We did.

Nancy

Have used priceline the last three years while in Galveston. We always bid 3.5 stars and have always been assigned to the Tremont or Galvez.

Daryl

It seems that us Oklahomans like to cruise out of Galveston. What did you bid for 3.5 star to win?

• 1 month later...

I just bid 3* in the East Beach area (zone 2), and won the Four Points Sheraton for $89 (Jan 7, 2012, one night, 2 rooms) on the first try. I should have started lower!

This hotel told me that they can provide a shuttle to the pier for $7 per person.

I just used Priceline myself. I know it's a bit off...but I actually found a place in Kemah, TX. I searched fora 3 star...there are only two....one is directly on the boardwalk and the other is a new Holiday Inn Express within walking distance.

Kemah is only about 25 mins from Galveston and the boardwalk looks like something fun and interesting to do the day before the cruise.

Check it out...I think it's a good option.

Quick question, what type of transportation did you use to get to the port?

i just tried it for my cruise 12/4 on the magic. did 2.5 stars for $50/night..no luck. did $60..no luck, tried $80 no luck. i thought it was ridiculous at that point since i could then book the best western plus for $89/per night with free breakfast, not be suprised with a hotel in the middle of nowhere (since that happend to us with the mall of america trip i did) and know what restaurants are around the area. reviews seem good. plus its only for the night so didnt care too much about reviews. fridge and microwave in the room too!

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed at the Baymont Inn last May and had a wonderful time. The facilities were great. They just wouldn't let us check in until 2:00, but that is their rule upfront. I hope you will enjoy it. We did.

Nancy

I enjoyed it too Nancy! The service was top notch, and the room was clean and decent. I don't ask for much more than that! To me, it was great value for the price!

Joanne

• 2 weeks later...

Archived