anyone get off one ship and get on another same day?

Eva65

We want to do more than 7 days but not a whole 14 days. We are going to Disney first for about 4 days. thinking about going on a Carnival Cruise, then getting off that ship and going directly to a royal Carribean ship. Has anyone done this before? Does it work?

We want to do more than 7 days but not a whole 14 days. We are going to Disney first for about 4 days. thinking about going on a Carnival Cruise, then getting off that ship and going directly to a royal Carribean ship. Has anyone done this before? Does it work?

Mike and Tracy did it 4 times b2b2b2b 4 different ships

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1281134&highlight=b2b2b2b

We did the 8 day Carnival Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale, disembarked, drove 3 hours to Port Canaveral, and embarked on the Sensation for 4 more days. If we were going to drive all the way to Florida we may as well make it worth our while. The Sensation cruise was free with Seamile points which made it even better.

Sewut

Sure did! Last New Year's Eve, 7 days on the Miracle followed with 4 days on Destiny. We're doing another quasi back to back this new year: 7 days on the Liberty followed by 5 nights on the Liberty of the Seas. With the price of airfare, we like to get as many days of cruising as we can per flight. No chance of getting bored, different ships and crew, same great level of service! Go for it! :)

This Sunday we are driving from Orlando to Tampa to board the Legend for 7 Nights. We are going to get off the ship on Sunday October 2 as early as possible and drive home to Orlando. We will check email, check on the house, and leave for Port Canaveral by 12 noon to board the Sensation for 4 nights. Just have to hope all goes smooth and no problems getting off the Legend. This is the reason why we live in Florida.

in 2010 we drove to fl from va. went to miami for a 5 day on celebrity century, then drove to fll to sail next day on the solstice. we had parking at both hotels. i really like a 14 day on same ship. we are doing 6 days on carnival fantasy in nov and then drive to fll for 11 days on equinox.

we decided to do it last year because we wanted to hit 10 cruises on celebrity to reach elite, which has really great benefits. we really just try to do long cruises to make the trip worthwhile (whether driving or flying) ad

This past January, we sailed the Fascination 5 day out of Jacksonville. At the end, we drove to Tampa for a 7 day on the Legend that left the next day.

Next January, we are sailing a 5 day on the Paradise out of Tampa (Monday to Saturday) and then a 7 day on the Legend, also out of Tampa (Sunday to Sunday.)

I did that before both on Carnival, one ship came back to port, and the other ship arrived right next to it, so I did a quik hop over, no prob or issues

We are doing this next month. 4 days on Celeb Millenium and then 5 on Carnival Destiny.

Last year we did B2 B on the Celeb Summit. I love B2B's but we were a little bored as the 2nd week the shows and things were the same. The ports were different though. This time we are ship hopping and we think we will like this much better. We will literally get off one ship and walk down to the next terminal.

Last December we started with one from Miami, then rented a car alot cheaper than shuttles etc, stopped for wine etc arrived Port Everglades same day and boarded another CCL. Both were 7 days. Once off Freedom, went over and boarded MSC Poesia....easy to do....great with CCL having self serve laundry. Doing it again this year..... MIA, Port Everglades 2 times......a little rest on the beach in Deerfield for two weeks than first week of Jan on the Imagination from Miami before heading off to Canada......:D

I've never done it but my dream is to hop on a eastbound transatlantic- spend a week after getting off the ship wandering around Europe a bit, and then hop on a western transatlantic to come home (I really, really want to see Europe but really, really hate to fly! :D)

I think your plan sounds like a lot of fun Eva- as long as the 2 ships are going to hit different ports. But why not do a Disney cruise instead of Carnival or RCL?:)

We are doing the Oasis of the Seas for 7 days western and then walking across to the Carnival freedom for 8 days eastern. I like that we will have different menus, entertainment, different cabin stewards and waiter, than if we did a back to back on the same ship. Also we have to pay a lot to fly to Florida, so it is nice to stretch it out for 2 weeks. Only 5 weeks to go!

Jan

We did it from the Carnival Freedom to the Carnival Splendor. Got off Freedom and walked to Splendor. Embarked with our Rum that was purchased in Jamaica on the Freedom. I went to Guest services and let them know of the sorta Back to back and they emailed Splendor that we were coming. We went through security with NO problems! We were bringing the Rum home to our son, but Carnival did not know that...we were not stopped at all.

Archived