Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future (Continued)

CC Help Jenn

We are just home from Radiance (yesterday). No Coke machines, still old menu, until the end of the month. We were in 1100 and left it in good shape. DH even tightened a few screws here and there. :) Hawaii bookings opened while we were onboard, and I initially had 1100 on hold for spring, 2015, until I found out out it was only 9 days. Not long enough for us!

No, U.S. citizens do not have the option of violating the law and cruising from Honolulu to Seward (on Royal). Even if your booking slips through at the time you make your reservation, RCI will eventually catch it and call you. :( And I thought it was all nationalities that were affected. :confused:

We have just booked the Feb - March 2015 Aussie top and bottom cruises on the Radiance in 9256. Does anyone know if 9256 has any cover or overhang on what looks like a nice large verandah? Also what is the large space next to it to the left as you look at the aft? RCI could not tell me. Thanks for your answers.

Edited by socreader

We have just booked the Feb - March 2015 Aussie top and bottom cruises on the Radiance in 9256. Does anyone know if 9256 has any cover or overhang on what looks like a nice large verandah? Also what is the large space next to it to the left as you look at the aft? RCI could not tell me. Thanks for your answers.

Here is a picture of Radiance's aft cabins and balconies.

Radiancestern.jpg

The space to the left would be part of the inside of your cabin.

Radiancestern.jpg

Thanks, Patti. Wow! No wonder everyone loves that cabin. A large verandah in the shade with a large cabin and it is a cat 2 for balcony cabins. Thank you all for your assistance. Had I not been on this board we would have missed it.

Thanks, Patti. Wow! No wonder everyone loves that cabin. A large verandah in the shade with a large cabin and it is a cat 2 for balcony cabins. Thank you all for your assistance. Had I not been on this board we would have missed it.

You're welcome. :) When Radiance first went over to Australia in 2011, we were on her and did a b2b2b starting in Honolulu. The itinerary from Sydney to Perth and then Perth back to Sydney was amazing. I think you will really enjoy it.

We are just home from Radiance (yesterday). No Coke machines, still old menu, until the end of the month. We were in 1100 and left it in good shape. DH even tightened a few screws here and there. :) Hawaii bookings opened while we were onboard, and I initially had 1100 on hold for spring, 2015, until I found out out it was only 9 days. Not long enough for us!

No, U.S. citizens do not have the option of violating the law and cruising from Honolulu to Seward (on Royal). Even if your booking slips through at the time you make your reservation, RCI will eventually catch it and call you. :( And I thought it was all nationalities that were affected. :confused:

Hey Karen, we just missed you. We are on board right now. Speaking of 1100, we just grabbed it on the Jewel Sept, 2014.

Hey Karen, we just missed you. We are on board right now. Speaking of 1100, we just grabbed it on the Jewel Sept, 2014.

Our friends Ellie and Jim are onboard with you, as well. Have Juan Diego introduce you. Sorry we missed you. Glad you got 1100 on Jewel!

Hi Capt Sticky,

I see you are on the Radiance now.......we will be on next week. Our son really enjoys the movie theatre on the ship. Can you tell me what movies are playing this week?

Thanks!

Kathy

Can anyone tell me about room #8574? We didn't have much choice of rooms when we booked, so I hope this one is okay. It's just my sister and I, and we're not too hard to please. We're just thrilled to have a balcony this time.

We're sailing May 31st!

Can anyone tell me about room #8574? We didn't have much choice of rooms when we booked, so I hope this one is okay. It's just my sister and I, and we're not too hard to please. We're just thrilled to have a balcony this time.

We're sailing May 31st!

That stateroom looks fine. Not very far from the centrum, so convenient to stairs and elevator. It also has a sofa bed and pullman in case you want to add a 3rd or 4th person to the stateroom. Then pullman is in the ceiling and you won't notice it if it's not extended.

Radiancestern.jpg

Hi Patti, Hope you are both well, not sure if you will remember but we were on the Radiance cruise with you in 2011 to Australia. Had been waiting anxiously to book it again this Sept, but both 1100 and 1602 had gone by 1.30am on May 13th when itinerary came out, as I believe it was released in Australia before here, so am trying to choose next best. I know you are a Radiance expert and hope you can help, If we went for a GS is the balcony bigger on 1556 which is a hump or 1600 on the aft ?? Your grand daughter Looks so grown up, and so pretty. All the best.

Hi Patti, Hope you are both well, not sure if you will remember but we were on the Radiance cruise with you in 2011 to Australia. Had been waiting anxiously to book it again this Sept, but both 1100 and 1602 had gone by 1.30am on May 13th when itinerary came out, as I believe it was released in Australia before here, so am trying to choose next best. I know you are a Radiance expert and hope you can help, If we went for a GS is the balcony bigger on 1556 which is a hump or 1600 on the aft ?? Your grand daughter Looks so grown up, and so pretty. All the best.

Hi there, of course I remember you from our cruise. Hope this finds you well.

1600 is a strange configuration compared to a normal GS that is midship. Yes, the balcony is large, but angled. The room itself is dark because you do not have that wall of windows. You only have the sliding glass door. There is no bar area as in the normal GS. Some of of the cabinets have false fronts, so you don't get as much storage space.

1556 is on the hump, close to the elevators and you have a great view both forward and aft when standing at the rail. I would go for 1556, but that's just me.

1600 is a strange configuration compared to a normal GS that is midship. Yes, the balcony is large, but angled. The room itself is dark because you do not have that wall of windows. You only have the sliding glass door. There is no bar area as in the normal GS. Some of of the cabinets have false fronts, so you don't get as much storage space.

1556 is on the hump, close to the elevators and you have a great view both forward and aft when standing at the rail. I would go for 1556, but that's just me.

Thanks Patti, I knew you would be the expert !!! Hope to see you again one day on a cruise.

Hi Capt Sticky,

I see you are on the Radiance now.......we will be on next week. Our son really enjoys the movie theatre on the ship. Can you tell me what movies are playing this week?

The social network & the dark night rises

Thanks!

Kathy

We're sailing May 31st!

Deck 8, starboard side, forward of the hump. We have a balcony same deck, same side. Ours is small balcony and cabin, but nice.

Sorry Patti for being a pest, but just a quick question, would we be better to choose a JS or GS on the port side for views of Bora Bora etc.,- from memory that is the side which has best views as the ship sails in and if so what do you think of GS 1036. On the deck plan it looks like some sort of barrier beside it, do you know what this is? I like the hump that is available but the sail in to Bora Bora is so spectacular that I think we would prefer to be on the side of the ship which has the best views. Thanks for any info you are able to give.

Sorry Patti for being a pest, but just a quick question, would we be better to choose a JS or GS on the port side for views of Bora Bora etc.,- from memory that is the side which has best views as the ship sails in and if so what do you think of GS 1036. On the deck plan it looks like some sort of barrier beside it, do you know what this is? I like the hump that is available but the sail in to Bora Bora is so spectacular that I think we would prefer to be on the side of the ship which has the best views. Thanks for any info you are able to give.

You're never a pest when you are asking quesitons. That's not a barrier, just a shows where the ship was "pieced" together.:D If you go up and down Deck 10 you will see the same thing in between other cabins.

I remember the sail away was spectacular from Bora Bora and we were in 1548 which is on the starboard side. I would still go with 1556. You can always get up early and go on deck and see both sides.:p

Just booked B2B for 2014 to Alaska on the Radiance.

June 26 north, July 4 south.

We had 1600 in 2007, it was not a bad cabin, but we went with 1060 this time.

I'm not going to change, but does anyone have any pros/cons on the GS 1060 I should no about.

Thanks

Edited by dllyon

I'm not going to change, but does anyone have any pros/cons on the GS 1060 I should no about.

Thanks

Privacy could be a problem on the balcony of 1060 because the folks in the OS next door, can see your entire balcony when looking out their side window which is in the bump out portion of the sleeping area. Other than that, it's a great cabin location being mid-ship.

You're never a pest when you are asking quesitons. That's not a barrier, just a shows where the ship was "pieced" together.:D If you go up and down Deck 10 you will see the same thing in between other cabins.

I remember the sail away was spectacular from Bora Bora and we were in 1548 which is on the starboard side. I would still go with 1556. You can always get up early and go on deck and see both sides.:p

Thanks so much Patti for your help. Hope to see you again one day on the high seas.

Thanks

We've cruised in 1060 before and really liked the huge balcony. But the cabin was darker than most due to the overhang. It's still one of our favorite cabins. :)

Thanks for the notes on 1060,

I will not being doing anything on the balcony that someone could not see, hopefully our neighbors will have better things to do than watch me read or sleep.

I have eye problems so being in the shade is good for me.

Thanks

Thanks for the notes on 1060,

I will not being doing anything on the balcony that someone could not see, hopefully our neighbors will have better things to do than watch me read or sleep.

I have eye problems so being in the shade is good for me.

Thanks

You're welcome. It really is an awesome cabin in a great location.