Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future (Continued)

CC Help Jenn

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever stayed in cabin 9614 before? If so, please let me know anything you can about it.

It is a standard balcony cabin midway between the Centrum elevators and the back. There are cabins on the decks above and below, so there shouldn't be any noise to speak of. Do you have specific concerns or questions?

The cabin itself has a sofa, and convertible beds (twin into queen-sized), plus vanity and adequate storage. The bathroom has a shower with shower curtain (not the rounded sliding doors).

It is a standard balcony cabin midway between the Centrum elevators and the back. There are cabins on the decks above and below, so there shouldn't be any noise to speak of. Do you have specific concerns or questions?

The cabin itself has a sofa, and convertible beds (twin into queen-sized), plus vanity and adequate storage. The bathroom has a shower with shower curtain (not the rounded sliding doors).

Thanks Travelgoddess

I was just wondering if anyone had stayed in that cabin before and what they thought. Also if anyone had any pics.

Considering the high percentage of knowledgeable people on here I figured this was the best location to pose my question. :)

Spring 2015 we want to do the Radiance Hawaii/Vancouver and Vancouver/Seward as a B2B. Is this allowed or does it violate something such as the Jones Act since we will be starting and ending in the US.

Thanks

Bill

Considering the high percentage of knowledgeable people on here I figured this was the best location to pose my question. :)

Spring 2015 we want to do the Radiance Hawaii/Vancouver and Vancouver/Seward as a B2B. Is this allowed or does it violate something such as the Jones Act since we will be starting and ending in the US.

Thanks

Bill

Depends if you are a US citizen or not. If yes, then yes.

Thanks

Bill

You can not book it as a b2b as it would be in violation of the PVSA Act.

If Radiance was doing Hawaii-Vancouver then Vancouver-Vancouver for her first Alaska trip as she did in 2012, then you could do it.

You can not book it as a b2b as it would be in violation of the PVSA Act.

If Radiance was doing Hawaii-Vancouver then Vancouver-Vancouver for her first Alaska trip as she did in 2012, then you could do it.

I know RD is doing Vancouver to Vancouver for the first trip in 2014. That messed me up when I was doing a booking along with Rhapsody thinking it would connect with Radiance. After booking, I realized that one cruise was thrown in by RCI causing the direction to be reversed from what I assumed it would be.

Anyway after that, I thought this was going to be a regular Vancouver to Vancouver trip each year so people could do their B2Bs. Of course anything could happen to the schedules we are expecting. They change without notice.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

This Sept we are sailing from Vancouver to Australia. After thinking about the Jones Act discussion, I realize that we could not have added another leg to the front and sailed from Seward. Next weekend, we sail Vancouver to Seward and back. If we miss the ship in Vancouver we have to go home. They really need to look at that Act again. It's crazy. The one way that you could sail from Hawaii to Vancouver and beyond would be to change cruise lines. We just got off the Sapphire and now fly to Vancouver for the Radiance. If I had stayed on the Sapphire, it would have taken me to Vancouver instead of having to fly. Never thought to check where it sailed next.:o

I know RD is doing Vancouver to Vancouver for the first trip in 2014. That messed me up when I was doing a booking along with Rhapsody thinking it would connect with Radiance. After booking, I realized that one cruise was thrown in by RCI causing the direction to be reversed from what I assumed it would be.

Anyway after that, I thought this was going to be a regular Vancouver to Vancouver trip each year so people could do their B2Bs. Of course anything could happen to the schedules we are expecting. They change without notice.

Gina

This year they did not have that Vancouver R/T as their first Alaskan itinerary and I think people complained. It's good to see that they added it back in 2014.

In 2012 we did a b2b2b, Vancouver R/T, then Vancouver to Seward and Seward back to Vancouver. The Vancouver R/T was May 4th and let me tell you it was very cold. The May 11th cruise got a little warmer and the May 18th cruise was perfect.

This year they did not have that Vancouver R/T as their first Alaskan itinerary and I think people complained. It's good to see that they added it back in 2014.

In 2012 we did a b2b2b, Vancouver R/T, then Vancouver to Seward and Seward back to Vancouver. The Vancouver R/T was May 4th and let me tell you it was very cold. The May 11th cruise got a little warmer and the May 18th cruise was perfect.

Thanks for this info Patti, :):) Now I'm hopeful it will not be too cold in Vancouver and Alaska May 29-June 11, I hate the cold weather (I love the FL weather - I know, call me crazy) I'm bringing a heavy coat, a light coat, and lots of layers, just in case.

Does anybody know if the Radiance has the free style coke machines yet?

Radiance Vancouver to Hawaii in September 2014 has posted but I am confused. The website shows the last Alaska cruise is southbound ending on September 5. But the Hawaii leg starts September 12th, what is the ship doing in between? :confused:

We are considering the Sept 2014 instead of May 2015 as the latter cruise is just nine days. Very disappointing.

Bill

Radiance Vancouver to Hawaii in September 2014 has posted but I am confused. The website shows the last Alaska cruise is southbound ending on September 5. But the Hawaii leg starts September 12th, what is the ship doing in between? :confused:

We are considering the Sept 2014 instead of May 2015 as the latter cruise is just nine days. Very disappointing.

Bill

Really? Interesting. Maybe she will have a brief mini dry dock in Victoria to do the little things they skipped - r bar, aerial show, etc. I heard some of these things would eventually be added so it has to happen somewhere if it happens at all.

Thanks

Bill

Not that anyone would wish to pay the extra money.....but I've wondered. Last time I checked, I believe the fine for violating the Passenger Services Act is $300 p/p. It's levied against the cruise line but passed on to the passenger. I wonder if they'd let you just pay it? :)

We were on a cruise in 1998, that was technically in violation. 2 passengers tried to disembark in San Francisco with their luggage, and security almost dragged them back onboard. (it was a weird, off cruise) They made an announcement following the incident, and also posted it the planner, that the cost would be $200 p/p if a passenger wanted to disembark the ship. (we were in SF for 2&1/2 days.)

Edited by Coralc

Not that anyone would wish to pay the extra money.....but I've wondered. Last time I checked, I believe the fine for violating the Passenger Services Act is $300 p/p. It's levied against the cruise line but passed on to the passenger. I wonder if they'd let you just pay it? :)

We were on a cruise in 1998, that was technically in violation. 2 passengers tried to disembark in San Francisco with their luggage, and security almost dragged them back onboard. (it was a weird, off cruise) They made an announcement following the incident, and also posted it the planner, that the cost would be $200 p/p if a passenger wanted to disembark the ship. (we were in SF for 2&1/2 days.)

Good question. Those who have ask to book have been told by the cruise line NO. However I don't know if they offered to pay. We have friends who are inroute right now and they were denied the extra booking. I do know that Carnival let a very high value passanger off in Hawaii last year in violation, but we all know rules are made to be broken. It just depends on who you are.:p

Good question. Those who have ask to book have been told by the cruise line NO. However I don't know if they offered to pay. We have friends who are inroute right now and they were denied the extra booking. I do know that Carnival let a very high value passanger off in Hawaii last year in violation, but we all know rules are made to be broken. It just depends on who you are.:p

Interesting. The aforementioned cruise was also on Carnival. :):D

Does anybody know if the Radiance has the free style coke machines yet?

No, nor planned yet.

Six ships are having them rolled out first: Majesty, Explorer, Freedom, Oasis, Allure and Enchantment of the Seas.

No, nor planned yet.

Six ships are having them rolled out first: Majesty, Explorer, Freedom, Oasis, Allure and Enchantment of the Seas.

Thanks for the info. They had them on Freedom when we did the New Year Holiday cruise and DH loved them.

So very excited...was able to reserve 9256 for the 2015 Hawaii sailing. This is the farthest out we have ever booked a cruise but so worth it!

I am happy for you! We have that cabin on our May 31st Alaska cruise, and we are so excited about it :D:D. I booked it on the first day the cruise opened. It will be our first AFT. Hope it will not be too cold out in the balcony in Alaska.

I am happy for you! We have that cabin on our May 31st Alaska cruise, and we are so excited about it :D:D. I booked it on the first day the cruise opened. It will be our first AFT. Hope it will not be too cold out in the balcony in Alaska.

You will be hooked!

DH whimpers like a puppy if I talk about anything but aft facing.

The day reservations opened for Alaska 2014 I was in the hospital, post heart proceedure, anxious to just go home and more than a little blue. DH showed up with a big grin and a reservation next summer, for our anniversary, on the Radiance, cabin 1100!!! I have even met one couple in our Roll Call who has a wait list on our cabin, currently in the cabin next to us!

We were married in the Radiance in 2007 in Juneau.

You will be hooked!

DH whimpers like a puppy if I talk about anything but aft facing.

The day reservations opened for Alaska 2014 I was in the hospital, post heart proceedure, anxious to just go home and more than a little blue. DH showed up with a big grin and a reservation next summer, for our anniversary, on the Radiance, cabin 1100!!! I have even met one couple in our Roll Call who has a wait list on our cabin, currently in the cabin next to us!

We were married in the Radiance in 2007 in Juneau.

1100 Now that is an aft cabin:D We have it for three weeks on the jewel Sept 2014.

Really? Interesting. Maybe she will have a brief mini dry dock in Victoria to do the little things they skipped - r bar, aerial show, etc. I heard some of these things would eventually be added so it has to happen somewhere if it happens at all.

Mystery solved.

7 Night Dave Koz Charter Cruise

05-Sep Vancouver, British Columbia

06-Sep Cruising

07-Sep Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska

08-Sep Skagway, Alaska

09-Sep Juneau, Alaska

10-Sep Ketchikan, Alaska

11-Sep Cruising

12-Sep Vancouver, British Columbia