Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future (Continued)

CC Help Jenn

We are really going to miss Beresford next month on the Radiance......is JD on board???:) Sure hope so...... we were so hoping they both would be in the CL as we had for our 63 nts on the AU cruises.

Yes. Juan Diego is there until the end of July. Vanessa has been doing an excellent job as Beresford's replacement.

We are really going to miss Beresford next month on the Radiance......is JD on board???:) Sure hope so...... we were so hoping they both would be in the CL as we had for our 63 nts on the AU cruises.

We like Vanessa very much. And I just heard from Juan Diego, so we will be well cared for, Dayle. :)

Yes Juan Diego is onboard. :)

We like Vanessa very much. And I just heard from Juan Diego, so we will be well cared for, Dayle. :)

Super!! :) Thanks Karen and the others for the update.

I heard our Australian cruise photo was on his wall now. We had such a large fun group on that 2 month cruise!

Dayle

Yes. Juan Diego is there until the end of July. Vanessa has been doing an excellent job as Beresford's replacement.

So, let me get this straight. We are on in May and again from Sept to Nov. Will we have Vanessa and Juan Diego for both Cruises? We tried emailing Vanessa a couple of months ago, but didn't get an answer.

So, let me get this straight. We are on in May and again from Sept to Nov. Will we have Vanessa and Juan Diego for both Cruises? We tried emailing Vanessa a couple of months ago, but didn't get an answer.

Vanessa is there now. Beresford will be there starting in Sept. I don't know where Vanessa's next contract will be. As of last month she didn't know either.

Juan Diego will go home the very end of July for just a little over a month so you will have him both cruises. His exact dates are posted on the concierge thread. I can't open more than one browser on my phone or I'd check the exact dates for you.

JD seems to have his schedule extended often but they like having him in the CL for high C&A volume crossings so I'd expect him to be back in time for the crossing.

I have the say - no one knows where Beresford will be assigned after bring away for a while. Will he be thrown into the normal rotation? Or will demand for him in the CL be so high that they wouldn't dare put him anywhere else. It could depend on Vanessa's next contract, too. She is also well loved and doing a fabulous job.

I have the say - no one knows where Beresford will be assigned after bring away for a while. Will he be thrown into the normal rotation? Or will demand for him in the CL be so high that they wouldn't dare put him anywhere else. It could depend on Vanessa's next contract, too. She is also well loved and doing a fabulous job.

That is very true. The first time that Baresford wasn't there we were a little disappointed, but Vanessa more than made up for it. Now, I can't honestly say who I would prefer.

That is very true. The first time that Baresford wasn't there we were a little disappointed, but Vanessa more than made up for it. Now, I can't honestly say who I would prefer.

We love them both, too. We just have more history with Beresford. Unfortunately when we finally go on Vision, Beresford will be back on RD. It seems we'll miss him and who knows when we'll see him again. Unless something happens, you'll have the pleasure of seeing each of them this year.

I was on my phone before....I didn't mean "I have THE say". That sounded weird. :) I mean, "I have to say." Not that I don't make typos here. I just make many more on my phone.

Gina

We love them both, too. We just have more history with Beresford. Unfortunately when we finally go on Vision, Beresford will be back on RD. It seems we'll miss him and who knows when we'll see him again. Unless something happens, you'll have the pleasure of seeing each of them this year.

I was on my phone before....I didn't mean "I have THE say". That sounded weird. :) I mean, "I have to say." Not that I don't make typos here. I just make many more on my phone.

Gina

I use a spell checker, but it causes more problems than it fixes sometimes.

We won't be sailing on Radiance until 2014 but I want to know as much as I can about her beforehand. We have sailed on Liberty, Oasis, Adventure and Allure so this will be the first for her class tell me I won't be disappointed.:)

Lorey, you won't be disappointed. Her weakness - the shower curtains. Sometimes the info you want can be hard to find when you have to sift through so many old posts. Feel free to ask for current info.

As it gets closer to your sail date. Things can change. Captains, concierges, hotel directors and cruise directors, etc... Some people say those people don't affect their cruise. It can indirectly depending on how crew is feeling and timing of activities. But as of now, there is excellent leadership on board along with special lounges if you happen to have DL or CL access. Even the newly promoted dining room manager is a great combo of kindness and professionalism - as was the previous one.

I can't keep going to Australia so I hope she moves closer to home for the winter again one day.

Lorey, you won't be disappointed. Her weakness - the shower curtains. Sometimes the info you want can be hard to find when you have to sift through so many old posts. Feel free to ask for current info.

As it gets closer to your sail date. Things can change. Captains, concierges, hotel directors and cruise directors, etc... Some people say those people don't affect their cruise. It can indirectly depending on how crew is feeling and timing of activities. But as of now, there is excellent leadership on board along with special lounges if you happen to have DL or CL access. Even the newly promoted dining room manager is a great combo of kindness and professionalism - as was the previous one.

I can't keep going to Australia so I hope she moves closer to home for the winter again one day.

It's not going to Australia that's the problem (just stay on Radiance), it's getting home.

It's not going to Australia that's the problem (just stay on Radiance), it's getting home.

We'd love to see Radiance closer to the US......and not just for the short Alaska season. :)

That's why you need to go in April! Both Hawaii and Vancouver are much closer to CA than Australia. You should always put the long, boring flight at the BEGINNING of your cruise. :D;):D

That's why you need to go in April! Both Hawaii and Vancouver are much closer to CA than Australia. You should always put the long, boring flight at the BEGINNING of your cruise. :D;):D

I think I understand your logic, but last year going to Barcelona we lost a whole day to sleep after we got there (we had to reroute because of Sandy, ONT to SEA to Amsterdam to Barcelona). So I figure I can sleep at home after (but not too long because we have to fly again in 4 days:eek:).

My spell checker will say the strangest things for me. And I can do a pretty good job of that on my own at times. ;)

Once I sent a work email with my phone and the auto correct changed a word to say vampire. I still hear about that in the office. :o

Bill

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 2

We always lose the first day too....but that's why we fly in early. As much as we love cruising I am always happy to get home ASAP....before we have to go back to work . :(:):D

I thought that we weren't supposed to use four letter words here on CC. You said the W... word:p I seem to remember that. Can't decided if I miss it or not.

There is one solution to our flying problem but 6 months seemed like too long to stay on the Radiance.

Spent half the day on the phone today talking to airlines. Seems that Delta and Virgin Australia don't play well together even though it's a Delta code on Virgin. We hope we have it fixed and actually have a seat assigned.:o

Our family will be doing the March 19th 2014 NZ on the Radiance, sight see for 9 days then take her home thru the South Pacific and finally Hawaii to Vancouver. It beats all that flying:). As just mentioned we will get the long flight out of the way at the beginning.